PDA

View Full Version : Any Scanner announcements at Photokina

Bob McCarthy
27-Sep-2006, 09:18
I heard a rumor from a fellow LF'er that a number of new scanners were about to be announced.

Anyone picked up any scuttlebutt?

Bob

Ted Harris
27-Sep-2006, 20:03
If you are talking soncumer scanners then Epson has just released their V series so I don't expect anything new there. Microtek will be unveiling a new sanner at Photo Plus Expo in November.

If you are talking high end scanners I don't know of anything new but Kodak could be doing some minor changes/updating to the Creo line and IcG might have something.

Bob McCarthy
28-Sep-2006, 12:16
Ted,

I emailed my source as to foundation of the rumor. He's one of the more frequent contributors here, but didn't feel free to use his name. He's out of touch for the moment. I "think" he got it from one of the more prominent retailers. I have not heard back as he out of the contact loop at present.

I just assumed it would be Microtek, but wasn't told that. Your article last summer mentioned a new scanned due out in hmmm, June or July !!!

I thought Canon might be in play!! or HP, as they're kicking butt with very capable new products in the fine art area.

Oh well. Just dreaming. I'm having trouble rationalizing the cost of a highend scanner of a pro level that will loose 75% of its value in just a few years. Geezzz, In the past, I thought twice before spending $2000 on a F5. Spending $5-10K on digital is almost chump change now days. a little crazy. LF is very comfortable to own today - excellent quality at fair prices and nearly non-depreciating to boot.

Bob

Stan. L-B
28-Sep-2006, 13:07
Hasselblad have two Flextight scanners for film up to 5X4 format and A4 reflective. The X1 and X5, are claimed to be the fastest of the high end scanners - with prices to match.
The X1 is priced at 9500 Euros and the X5 at 16,800 Euros. I will be staying with my Epson V750 flatbed for quite a while - and 10X8.