PDA

View Full Version : Praise to Flutot's Camera Repair

400d
28-Aug-2006, 18:41
Wow~ I just got my messed up shutter from Flutot's today, I am happy like a mofo :)
I bought a 135mm f5.6 Symmar-S (non MC) from eBay for $170. The catch was the shutter is messed up, the shutter would fire without staying at the "cocked" state. And it can only fires at 1/30 a second.
I sent the shutter to Flutot's (CA) on Aug 11th and the shutter was returned today at NJ! She did a wonderful job on calibrating and lubing the shutter, and the shutter works just like my newer Copal shutters now! But due to the shutter's age, the shutter 1/500th can only fire at 1/400th, but all other speeds are accurate.

I highly recommend anyone to use their speedy and superb service. Best wish to her husband's surgery in next month too!

MenacingTourist
28-Aug-2006, 23:02
I've used Flutot's a handful of times and have always been impressed. Great work and great prices.

Richard Kelham
29-Aug-2006, 11:22
But don't all rush at once: according to a thread on APUG her husband has just had a serious op and she has taken a few weeks off to help him recuperate. She hopes to be back in full swing in October.

Christopher Perez
29-Aug-2006, 11:30
Indeed.

Treat Carol kindly. She's a valuable resource to us all. :)

Need I tell the story of the remarkable/miraculous job she did for me on some old Compound shutters? :) :) :)

But don't all rush at once: according to a thread on APUG her husband has just had a serious op and she has taken a few weeks off to help him recuperate. She hopes to be back in full swing in October.

Steve Feldman
29-Aug-2006, 12:25
Another fan here.

Michael Graves
29-Aug-2006, 13:17

That's true. She's not accepting new jobs for the next week or so. Therefore, if you have anything you need done, email her first. Also, if you have something she can use to pass the time, and you owe her any favors, now would be a good time to repay. She had already bought a copy of my novel, so I sent her a copy of one of my other books to help put her to sleep.

robert
29-Aug-2006, 16:38
I'm sure she does great work. But next time you talk to her ask her how she is at repairing a studio shutter.

Bob Gentile
31-Aug-2006, 07:21
I'm sure she does great work. But next time you talk to her ask her how she is at repairing a studio shutter.She repairs them.

How good is she with Studio shutters? Carol is a good tech... as good as anyone out there at what she does. So... how "good" she is with a Studio shutter would depend on the condition of that particular shutter.

David Karp
31-Aug-2006, 12:31
She's a great technician. And very nice too.