PDA

View Full Version : Help with Orvis reel bag

Ed Richards
24-Aug-2006, 17:49
Bought one of the $41 Orvis fly reel bags. It is great, but my lenses rattle around - they are Technika boards, and wells are too deep whether I turn the lenses on their sides or put them up and down. Any tips? Should I cut some foam plugs to space them up a bit?

Keith Pitman
24-Aug-2006, 18:06
I've found the same problem. I'd suggest putting a dark cloth or something similar in the case to "fatten it up" and hold the lenses in place.

Mike Boden
24-Aug-2006, 18:40
Not sure about you, but over the years, I've accumulated many different bags for various reasons. As a result, I have many left-over padded dividers and such. If this is the case for you, maybe you could use some of these to furthure customize the inside of your new bag. To be honest, I'm not all that familiar with this bag with the exception of the recent article in View Camera, so this is just an assumption that this will work. Hopefully it will.

Ted Harris
26-Aug-2006, 17:42
I use it for lenses on Technika boards as well and usually just put a darkcloth ... either my Black Jacket or BTZS over the top of the lnses and close the case.