PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh PA?

tpersin
16-Aug-2006, 06:29
any LF'ers out there in the Pittsburgh, PA area?

~Tom
www.f295.org

djkloss
22-Sep-2006, 15:11
There's two in Erie - if that counts

jackies
23-Sep-2006, 12:24
Used to be. Now only to visit family.

Jackie

John Powers
23-Sep-2006, 17:55
Three of us meet in Cleveland area to shoot, talk or what ever. Always welcome another or suggest an interesting shooting place half way between.

John

DeBone75
29-Sep-2006, 15:41
My name is Les Wall. I also live in Erie. I shoot anything from 35 to 8x10. Mostly 4x5 and 8x10

matt naughton
13-Nov-2006, 08:28
hello, i am a LF'er living in pittsburgh now. anyone recommend a capable digital imager to scan some trancparencies for web use? Or a dealer who may have ground glass for sale?

matt

tpersin
13-Nov-2006, 11:08
Sukolsky Brunelle is downtown, they're the only pro-lab left in the city (they do scanning too) I don't think you'll have much luck getting a ground glass locally, best served ordering online.

Welcome to Pgh.
tom

Charles Hohenstein
13-Nov-2006, 18:03
I've thought about moving to Pittsburgh for work-related reasons, so I'd be very interested to hear more about the photography situation there. Do you have any galleries that take photography seriously? Is there a decent camera store there?

Keith Pitman
13-Nov-2006, 19:07
I've thought about moving to Pittsburgh for work-related reasons, so I'd be very interested to hear more about the photography situation there. Do you have any galleries that take photography seriously? Is there a decent camera store there?

I used to live in Pittsburgh (miss it too!). Check out: http://silvereye.org/HomePage.html

There are other places, including The Carnegie, that show photography, but not exclusively.

tpersin
14-Nov-2006, 08:15
there is not a decent camera store here. there is one, and while i'm a believer in supporting local business, when the markup is as great as 200% i can't find it in my wallet to not buy online. The gallery scene is improving, but there aren't many that concentrate solely on photography. Silver Eye is the only one, the others mix it in with their other shows.... Though as Keith said The Carnegie has done some really nice photography shows in the past few years.

djkloss
17-Dec-2006, 09:11
Greetings large format users. I just started an erie analog group in flickr hoping to find some large format users. http://www.flickr.com/groups/eriepa_analog/ Anyone in our area is welcome to join. It would be fun to get together somewhere 1/2 way between Pittsburg & Erie, or even Pittsburg.

Thanks! Dorothy

djkloss
17-Dec-2006, 09:14
Three of us meet in Cleveland area to shoot, talk or what ever. Always welcome another or suggest an interesting shooting place half way between.

John

There are two of us in Erie that would be interested in meeting other large formaters. We're always looking for new places to shoot.

Maybe in the spring we could join you. Or even earlier, weather permitting.

Thanks! Dorothy

DeBone75
18-Dec-2006, 13:36
Count me in on an Erie gathering. Also just signed up for the Flicker Group.

djkloss
11-May-2007, 16:48
well, spring is here! are there any LF gatherings in the works? I could use some company.

John Powers
12-May-2007, 19:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Powers
John

There are two of us in Erie that would be interested in meeting other large formaters. We're always looking for new places to shoot. Maybe in the spring we could join you. Or even earlier, weather permitting.

Thanks! Dorothy Quote:

I am sorry Dorothy. I did not notice your Dec. post until I saw your May post tonight.
119 entrants just came home from the FAVA members and exhibitors photography show opening tonight in Oberlin, OH. http://www.favagallery.org/Fava%20gallery.html The public opening is May 20th. We get together and shoot in ones and twos all over NE OH.

The next large gathering of film photographers, mostly LF, that I know of is Bill Schwab's Northern Michigan gathering late in June. Bill says he already has 30 signed up for the event. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum174/30660-annual-northern-michigan-gathering-2007-a.html

That may seem far for you to go, but I am rooming with someone who is flying in from Florida.. PM me if I can help on anything specific in NE Ohio.

John

Winger
16-Jul-2007, 05:01
I just moved to the PGH area a few weeks ago and just won a 4x5. Anyone wanna shoot sometime?

tpersin
17-Jul-2007, 07:13
hi winger.. where are you located in PGH?
i'm just north of the city, and work just south...

feel free to email tp@f295.org

-tom