PDA

View Full Version : MF/LF Slides for contests?

cyrus
28-Jul-2006, 08:22
I have decided to inflict horrifying psychological scars on a larger group of people than my immediate circle of former acquaintances with my terrible attempts at photography, by entering my photos into various photography contests.

However, most of these contests require contestants to submit their photographs as slides. How does one submit a print from a 4x5 or 8x10 negative as a slide? Do print shop perform some sort of a conversion?

Brian Ellis
28-Jul-2006, 10:33
You photograph the print using 35mm slide film (that's one of the uses for old copy stands). Or if it's black and white you can photograph it using negative film and then process the film to produce a positive. Kodak used to make a kit of chemicals that could be used to convert T Max to a positive, I don't know if they still make it or not. That's what I used years ago. I'm a little surprised that the contests you're entering still want slides, the ones I've seen in recent years have asked for a digital file.

darr
28-Jul-2006, 11:19
You can scan your prints into digital files, upload them via FTP to a service like SLIDES.COM (http://www.slides.com/), and pay $2.50 per original slide.

false_Aesthetic
27-Aug-2006, 14:03
Scan and go to iprintfromhome.com

I had these dudes do all my slides for grad school apps. They look SO MUCH BETTER than the real things.

I'm ashamed to say it.

Louie Powell
27-Aug-2006, 15:22
Actually, many juried shows now accept scanned images on CD in addition to, or sometimes instead, of traditional slides.