PDA

View Full Version : Cameras witout Graflok backs

ishmael
24-Jul-2006, 02:51
I have a Linhof Technika III without a Graflok back. Does anyone of you know how much it is to have it converted to Graflok? Who, apart from Linhof, does that job?

Carl

medform-norm
24-Jul-2006, 03:08
I have a Linhof Technika III without a Graflok back. Does anyone of you know how much it is to have it converted to Graflok? Who, apart from Linhof, does that job?

Carl

Hmm, I only know that the newer Graflok backs from the Tech III type 5 could be retrofitted to the older models, but I don't know how much Aufwand that would be. Perhaps, if you're looking for someone to do the job for you, you could post this question in the German LF forum: http://www.grossformatfotografie.de - I have come across several tips to German-based repairmen there.

Norm

Ted Harris
24-Jul-2006, 04:28
Ishmael, the first question is why do you want the graflok back? Other than attaching rollfilmbacks and some accessories I am not sure I see how it enhances the performance of the camera. However, if you do need it and can't find a reasonable source in Germany you should drop an email to Richard Ritter at info@lg4mat.net. H e will be able to machne the retrofit for you at reasonable cost. Of course there is no way to avoid the obscene cost of the Luftpost.

Ole Tjugen
24-Jul-2006, 05:02
I may have a back that might fit your camera in my "big box of spares". I'll see what I can find.

Do you have a rotating back? If so I think it should be fairly easy, but I don't have a Technika to try it on...

Ole Tjugen
24-Jul-2006, 05:18
Just checked:

Sorry! I should learn to remember that I only have plate backs left. Plate backs, and plate adapters for Graflok backs.

Emil Ems
24-Jul-2006, 08:33
Ishmael,

I own a Technika III just like the one you described and I have converted its back to a Graflok version. This can be done easily, without any machining involved.

You just have to remember that the Technika III came in two versions. The later version had the Graflok back installed. Just try to get hold of such a Graflok back and put it on your Technika.

In my view, the earlier version of the Technika III, with the Graflok back installed, is preferable to the later version, which is a lot heavier in the body. So it is better to try to get hold of just the Graflok back on ebay, rather than buying a complete later version and selling your older one.

I hope this helps

ishmael
24-Jul-2006, 09:50
Ishmael,

I own a Technika III just like the one you described and I have converted its back to a Graflok version. This can be done easily, without any machining involved.

You just have to remember that the Technika III came in two versions. The later version had the Graflok back installed. Just try to get hold of such a Graflok back and put it on your Technika.

In my view, the earlier version of the Technika III, with the Graflok back installed, is preferable to the later version, which is a lot heavier in the body. So it is better to try to get hold of just the Graflok back on ebay, rather than buying a complete later version and selling your older one.

I hope this helps

Thanks, I will try to do it in that way.

Carl

Bill_1856
24-Jul-2006, 16:20
Why?