PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Style

Tom Westbrook
22-Jul-2006, 04:27
I added a new style called "simple" to the site. Its aim is to simplify the interface to address some previous requests. Constructive suggestions for improvement are welcome.

To load the new style, go to the bottom of any page and in the lower left in the menu bar there is a drop-down list with available styles. Select "simple" and the new style will load automatically. Doing this sets the selected style as your default permanently, so if you want to go back to the Default style, you will need to manually switch back to it.

Thanks

Ash
22-Jul-2006, 06:30
I quite like it. It seems a little unfinished, as there are few borders around the elements on each page, but generally I prefer this to the default. *thumbs up*

Frank Petronio
22-Jul-2006, 06:36
Might want to rework Ralph's poor Tachi image, it looks distressed! But it is very nice overall, hopefully you'll please the Luddites.

How about really contrasty and easier to read black type on white? I mean lowering the contrast makes a prettier page at the expense of ligibility.

Your customer response / service is the best in the industry. I wish you guys made cars.

bsimison
19-May-2008, 17:43
Just wanted to point out a minor technical issue. On the main thread display, this image is currently 404:

/forum/simple/misc/trashcan_small.gif

domenico Foschi
19-May-2008, 17:51
Love it!
Less is more.
Where are the smilies now???
Ah, yes... :)

David A. Goldfarb
19-May-2008, 18:27
I like it. Maybe make the usernames smaller, but other than that, it's good.

Dave Wooten
19-May-2008, 23:31
Looks good

Jim Noel
5-Jun-2008, 08:49
I tried the "Simple" form and much prefer the Default form. The color is a big help in separating messages, etc.

Kirk Gittings
5-Jun-2008, 08:51
I'm with you Jim.

david mcmahon
6-Jun-2008, 11:22
I like this simple style. It has a cleaner look & feel.

david mcmahon

walter23
17-Jun-2008, 17:46
Hmm, kinda nice looking. Didn't even notice it until now. I'm kind of accustomed to the blue layout though.