PDA

View Full Version : "Oh, Hugo, I AM getting old."

Hugo Zhang
27-Jun-2006, 09:26
"What do you mean?" Surprised, I asked.
"I can see all the wrinkles around my eyes and every single white hair on my head."
"But you are radiant."
"What did you say?"
"Radiant. I mean you are shining and beautiful. Have you noticed that light in your eyes and that incredible smile on your face?"
"Thank you, Hugo. You always seem to know how to say things to make me feel better. And tell you the truth, I do like the pictures. I just have never seen anything like them. So detailed and so real. I am a littled shocked to see myself like this."
"It's probably the lens. Next time I take your pictures, I will use a soft lens that won't show your wrinkles."
"Yes, please come back and take more pictures of me."

This happened yesterday. Several weeks after my Denver trip, I finally had time to develop those negatives and print them. Her pictures were among them. I used a 19" Red Dot Artar on my Deardorff. I asked her to sit on her porch and relax. It was late afternoon. When I was ready, I smiled at her and said: "Now I want you to think of all the happy times you have had." So she smiled back and I pressed the shutter. A few days ago I mailed the contact prints to her and I heard nothing from her. Growing impatient, I called her up to see if she had received the pictures.

Donald Qualls
27-Jun-2006, 15:03
If she's getting old, you'd better get the shovel and bury me... :eek:

I'd hazard a guess she'll still be beautiful in another twenty years...

Capocheny
27-Jun-2006, 15:44
We're ALL getting older by the second... some just faster than others!

BTW, she's in the "others" category! :)

Cheers

Ralph Barker
27-Jun-2006, 17:10
Getting old is when long-time friends come up and say, "Wow, Ralph, you look like a million $bucks . . . all green and wrinkled." ;)

Jim Rice
27-Jun-2006, 18:18
Just go ahead and bury me.

Ron Marshall
27-Jun-2006, 18:24
Yes, radiant is the correct term.

Vick Vickery
27-Jun-2006, 21:16
Its be one hell of a long time since I was radiant!!!

Glenn Thoreson
29-Jun-2006, 11:36
Yep, 40 years of Denver gave me plenty of wrinkles and grey hair. Beautiful photo!