PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Color 6x9

Prashant
22-Jun-2006, 00:21
A colleague of mine want to sell his Linhof color camera and few lenses (150/5.6 Nikkor, Super Angulon 65/1.8 and 47/5.6, Voigtlander 240mm Telomar).

I have seen the camera and do not know how it will perform in the field. I already use Shen-Hao and think the lenses will be useful though he has been using it for 6x9. He also has a super rollex or rollei RF back. He wants to sell everything together and I might get a good deal.

Any idea what this costs? I did not find any offers at e**y.de.

Thanks for your time,

Ole Tjugen
22-Jun-2006, 00:46
I used a 4x5" Linhof Color in the field for years. It's a great little camera, and a good compromise between the rigidity of a monrail and the portability of a field camera.

I only sold it because I bought another field monorail and decided I didn't need two.

Dan Fromm
22-Jun-2006, 04:00
Prashant, the Color (if it is just a plain Color) is basically a Technika on a monorail. Not the most flexible or useful view camera around, or the lightest. Years ago when I was contemplating moving up in format to nominal 6x9 I played with a 6x9 Color and the experience put me completely off small view cameras. I may have drawn the wrong conclusion from it.

But your colleague has a very fine set of lenses for 2x3. If the price is right you won't go very wrong if you buy the package.

darr
22-Jun-2006, 13:39
http://photoscapes.com/snapshots/linhof_color.gif

Here is a photo of my 6x9 Color (c.1964). It is a well built, small monorail that has limited movements. I have used it primarily with a 120 mm macro lens in the studio, but would not hesitate to take it out into the landscape with my 65 mm if I found the need to. I shoot 4x5 for landscape work. I had a Linhof Fresnel and new GG installed so as to use the Linhof reflex viewer with it and the screen is bright enough to focus the 65 mm.

I probably paid too much for my setup (US $1,200.00) through an auction house in Vienna last year for camera collectors. The camera is graded in B+ condition and came with an older Schneider 100 mm lens, and one 6x7 super rollex back. It is a beautiful camera overall and performs well for what I use it for.

GPS
22-Jun-2006, 14:04
It's a jewel, cherish it. What you paid for it is too little for all the love you can give it. The 6x9 format is the future of the lf photography. Happy are those who know it...

Prashant
25-Jun-2006, 12:20
Thanks all,
I got the camera. All the lenses are fine...I might get few goodies with it too like projector and all.
I also exposed and developed my favorite Ilford 50...really fine stuff. My only nit - how to carry this in the field. Lets see.

Thanks again.