PDA

View Full Version : Differences between Toyo 45A-45AII and Sinar F-F1

Carlos H. Santana
16-Mar-2000, 14:22
Hello everybody:

I would like to know the main differences between the Toyo Field 45A and the 45A II (aesthetic and working features). And the same for the Sinar F and the Sinar F1.

What about the Sinar F for field work?

When was the Toyo 45A discontinued? And the Sinar F?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards_ Carlos H. Santana

Glenn Kroeger
16-Mar-2000, 14:37
The Toyo 45AII has flat black rather than gloss black finish, metal rather than delrin knobs, and some teflon coating on the rails... other than that they are identical to 45A (with revolving back).

Todd Caudle
16-Mar-2000, 22:22
P.S. - Congratulations on your Grammy Awards.

Dave Anton
17-Mar-2000, 02:11
Yes! I would also like to congratulate you on your Grammy.

Belden Lee Fodran
18-Mar-2000, 21:35
I also want to congratulate you on your Emmy Award, I think you are the best, and I just Love the "Moonflower" CD and am going to buy the "Sacred Fire" CD. I has no idea that you were a photography and a large format photography at that. I would love to see some of your work, and if your photography is as excellent as your music I know we all can benefit from your vision. Regards

Carlos H. Santana
19-Mar-2000, 11:01
I love me too. But I4m far to get a Grammy. Although I have a bag full of Oscars here. Still looking for them? By the way, thanks for the answers about the Toyo A/AII. It seems that there are not so much Sinar F/F1 fanatics out there ...

Regards_ Carlos H. Santana

TAN K H
19-Mar-2000, 15:10
Carlos

Since you ask about the F/F1, let me just say if you don't yet own it, don't bother. They aren't good monorails (I shoot with one). The front standard on both (which are identical) is the weakest link.

Consider a new Horseman LE. It's a LOT more rigid than the F/F1 and very cheap too.

If you must buy a low-end Sinar, consider the F2.

Bob Salomon
19-Mar-2000, 16:11
You could also consider the Linhof Kardan M monorail camera with an 18" rail, All metal, brass on aluminum construction, 3.3" of front and rear rise expandible to 6.6". 750 center tilt front and back, 3600 swing front and back, geared calibrated focusing all for $1170.00 which will be much less than the other models with less features. With a 150 Rodenstock it is $1495.00 and with a 210 it is $1595.00.

You will see much more about it in the next Popular Photography PMA round up on Pro products by Steve Sint.