PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Optical Viewfinder differences (correction)

tim atherton
14-Mar-2000, 16:41
Okay guys, I've corrected this question (second time!)to what I meant to ask...d uh. Now I think I'm going to go back to bed for the rest of the day - it's been one of those days.

Can anyone give me an overview of the general differences and qualities of the o lder models(prior to the current version) of the Linhof optical viewfinders for 4x5.

I have seen 2 or 3 versions. Any pros and cons, best value for money etc

Ron Shaw
14-Mar-2000, 17:07
Check this site. A lot of info on the various models of the Linhof 4x5 cameras. Maybe there is some info on the optical viewfinders, as well. http://www.cameraquest.com/techs.htm

Bob Salomon
15-Mar-2000, 05:53
You are welcome to call us at 800 735 4373 and we can lead you through the various versions on the linhof Multifocus Finders.

Emil Ems
21-Mar-2000, 11:47
Tim!

I have used several of these nice viewers. I think the biggest difference between the older models (all of them) and the two last generation finders is that the parallax correction is done separatly for each focus length in the latter. In practice, this has not meant much to me. In addition, it is far easier to get masks for different film formats (even 3x4 polaroid) for the latter generation finders. It is also somewhat easier to use the latter generation finders with eyeglasses. But again, this is not a big deal, since the older finders have a removable back eye piece into which an optician can fit (with a bit of ingenuity) a correction glass.

Good luck with using your finder, whichever model you eventually choose. They are all nice.

Since I use glasses, I have trouble to see th