PDA

View Full Version : Zapping an Epson 2200

Frank Petronio
19-May-2006, 06:19
Just last night my trusty Epson 2200 started printing smooth gradations poorly... it seems like something got corrupted. Colors are slightly off just a tad too. What is the best trouble shooting routine? I already tried a new software and profile install. I noted the Epson print driver for OSX is only listed for up to 10.3 while I'm on 10.4.6...

It either got slightly confused from a power surge or the upgrade from 10.4.5 to 10.4.6 did something bad.

Is there a way to "reset" the printer?

Wish I had gotten the 4800!

Ron Marshall
19-May-2006, 06:23
Frank, this is off topic, but what inks do you use in the 2200? Have you tried the NK7 from Cone?

Frank Petronio
19-May-2006, 06:27
nope, just the stock Matte and it has always been fine

JohnnyV
19-May-2006, 07:21
Nozzle Check?

Try unpluging the printer for about a minute to clear it's "memory"...even when it's off but plugged-in, it's still on!

> Wish I had gotten the 4800!

I got one! One of the best investments! It's a real workhorse!

chris jordan
19-May-2006, 07:48
Frank, you most likely just have a clogged nozzle. Do the head cleaning and then run a nozzle check and that should solve it. There is a "super" head cleaning available if the regular cleaning doesn't work, but in three years of printing with these machines I've never needed to use it. If the problem comes back often, the cause may be low humidity, which tends to dry out the ink on the heads. I have a small tabletop fountain near my printer which solved it for me; I was getting lots of clogs during August and September, the two months a year that aren't rainy in Seattle.