PDA

View Full Version : Linhof parts listing

jim kitchen
10-May-2006, 11:17
I would like to know if there is a source, available online, where a user could review any available parts for Linhof cameras, and their possible Linhof part number?

I ask because I ordered a lense board for a Technika IV from a local camera store, and they delivered the wrong part. I would like to verify before hand the store ordered the correct part, rather than wait another month for a delivery, since their policy is "special order only."

The Linhof site lists a few items with their associated part number.

Thank you in advance,

jim k

Brian Ellis
10-May-2006, 18:23
Are you talking about parts or accessories? The numbers for accessories such as lens boards are shown in the back of the instruction pamphlet that comes with the Technikardan and IIRC also in the back of the Master Technika instruction manual. I don't offhand know of an on line source for accessory numbers though there very well may be one. If you're talking about parts as in the parts used to make the cameras, that's a different thing altogether. Not only are there a whole lot of them, many of the internal parts changed from the IV to the V to the Master even though externally they look like almost identical cameras. For example, the four knobs that control back movements look the same on the IV, V, and Master but internally the mechanism is entirely different on the Master and Linhof no longer makes the parts for the earlier models. So even if a parts list with numbers was on line or published somewhere else it might not help you very much with your IV.

jim kitchen
11-May-2006, 04:42
Dear Brian,

Thank you for your quick reply, and to answer your question, I am interested in an accessory listing rather than a parts listing...

Unfortunately, the instruction manual was not available when I purchased this estate item, which also leads to my confusion as to whether or not I actually own a Technika IV or a Technika V. Searching the internet for Linhof accessories issued a number of hits, but I could not find a complete listing of all available accessories. Information available in the newsgroup, indicates that most if not all accessories fit the IV, V and Master models. I will keep looking.

Thank you again,

jim k

Brian Ellis
11-May-2006, 22:03
Jim - You can download a Technika IV instruction manual from this site by going to the 4x5 camera reviews and clicking on the Technika review by QT. Although I'm 99.5% certain that you have a V given the location of your front rise lever, the manual for the IV will tell you all you need to know about using the V, the cameras were essentially identical except for the location of the front rise lever. While it was possible to have the front rise lever on the IV relocated to the front, doing so was neither easy nor cheap. I can't imagine that more than a small handful of IV owners had this done so the odds that you got one of the few are pretty slim. Still, if you want 100% certainty rather than what I think is 99.5% certainty Bob Salomon can give you that.

jim kitchen
13-May-2006, 11:06
Dear Brian,

I located the instruction manual and printed this item.

Thank you again,

jim k

Bob Salomon
13-May-2006, 12:04
The current Master Technika brochure lists all currently available accessories offered by Linhof for the IV, V and Master - this includes some items not made by Linhof like film holders that are sold by other parties in the USA.

We can send you one if you contact us with your mailing address in the USA.

Bob Salomon
13-May-2006, 12:28
The current Master Technika brochure lists all currently available accessories offered by Linhof for the IV, V and Master - this includes some items not made by Linhof like film holders that are sold by other parties in the USA.

We can send you one if you contact us with your mailing address in the USA.

Over the lifetime of the IV, V and Master other accessories that are no longer made were available like Linhof made film holders, plate/film holders, 5" roll back, reflex housing, shift back, focal plane shutter, etc. For a listing of these accessories you would need to find older Linhof system manuals (the last was printed in 1994) or older camera brochures. Linhof does plan on releasing a new Systems maual at this years Photokina in September. We don't know if an English version would be released at the same time but if it is they would be available in October.

jim kitchen
16-May-2006, 21:35
Thank you sir...

I tried to call your company from Canada, but I was not able to connect. The 800 number is not active within my local area. That said, is there an alternate number and, or address I can contact, to supply your company with my address information?

Thank you in advance,

jim k

tim atherton
16-May-2006, 22:09
there is a seperate canadian distributor (whose details I don't have on hand right now)

Bob Salomon
17-May-2006, 00:11
Thank you sir...

I tried to call your company from Canada, but I was not able to connect. The 800 number is not active within my local area. That said, is there an alternate number and, or address I can contact, to supply your company with my address information?

Thank you in advance,

jim k

Blazes Photographic is the Canadian distributor. They are in Toronto.

You can reach us at 973 808-9010.

jim kitchen
17-May-2006, 10:49
Thank you for the contact in Canada...

Mike, at Blazes Photographic, will send a brochure for my files.

jim k

Roger Richards
17-May-2006, 18:41
I'm also looking for a source to find a Linhof Technorama 612PCII neck strap. Any advice, guys? Thanks.