PDA

View Full Version : Busch vademecum satz II + focus correction

Sven Schroder
4-May-2006, 13:32
Hi all

In the instructions that came with my complete set it states "to obtain Sharp well- defined pictures, insert into the slot one fo the "between" lens ...." when did they introduce the slot? as I also have an Earlier part set and this has no slot. I am going by the font/script to guess the age, the complete set has "Busch's Vademecum" as the only inscription (in a plain font) plus iris marks 1-6. The part set has Emil Busch Rathenow (in a script) with a millimeter scale 18 wide open 2 stopped all the way down .

Now here is the question without focus correction will the part set (55 +65 cells spacers and barrel) be a complete Fuzzball? I am guessing the reason for the "between" lens is to correct the focus of the lens uncorrected chromatic abberation. Also from the instructions "to obtain soft artistic effects, focus with full aperture, and make exposure with smaller stops..." withs this part set am I stuck with artistic effects = Fuzzball?

thanks
Sven

Jason Greenberg Motamedi
4-May-2006, 14:00
Hi Sven.

I had a similar question a few weeks back and recieved some helpful advice here:

www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25754 (http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25754)

Sven Schroder
4-May-2006, 15:46
Hi

Thanks for the pointer, looks like I'll try various filters and have some more pictures of the house across the street. I think there is a bit of info for correction in "primitive photography"
Just thought I'd ask before I have time to test.

thanks

Sven