PDA

View Full Version : Plaubel Peco

Enrico
21-Apr-2006, 00:37
I have a Plaubel Peco and am in need of lensboards. I cant seem to find much info about these cameras. Can anyone give me some direction. Also, im in Sydney Australia, so if anyone has an idea of where to get lens boards it would be much appreciated (yeah im aware its an old camera and they cant be purchased new..)

Thanks

medform-norm
21-Apr-2006, 03:52
You could always contact Plaubel in Germany. I have very good experiences with their service and they go out of their way to help you. Lensboards we normally make ourselves, it is not so difficult for the Peco Junior series and I believe it likewise for the other models. You forgot to mention which one you have - it would make it easier to give you a more precise answer. Other than that, Peco lensboards frequently show up on the German eBay and are not too dear generally. Postage will also not cost you a lot seeing the boards will fit in a normal padded envelope.

Christopher Nisperos
21-Apr-2006, 05:21
Check out Franz Hubner, of Munich. He's very reputable and has a lot of clean, second-hand Plaubel stuff (as well as used Linhof and LF lenses). He attends many of the photo swap meets in Germany, France and Belgium, so he usually has a good selection of equipment.

His is a good address to keep on hand for LF equipment, even if he doesn't have exactly what you're looking for this time.

fjhue@t-online.de

Good hunting!

Sandor
22-Apr-2006, 11:34
I have three lens boards for my Plaubel. One of them was modified to take technica boards by the previous owner. The circular opening was cut large (just less than the technica board so that light can't get around) and two metal supports were bolted on the front with tapped holes. The bottom support is fixed and the top support has a sliding plate to hold the top of the technica board after it is placed on the bottom hooked support.

I don't have any technica boards, but I've been planning on modifiying it slightly to take the black acrylic boards that the Bender wood camera uses (which I do have..)

I have already made a similar lens board that takes a lens board for my 5x7 wood camera (now I forget if its a Burke & James or a Folmer).