PDA

View Full Version : Imagon 360 & 420

resummerfield
27-Mar-2006, 18:28
Can an Imagon 360 or 420 that originally came as a barrel mount, fit in a Compound 5 shutter without machine work? I have seen an Imagon 360 in a Compound 5, but I don't know if the ones that originally came as barrel mounts had bigger barrels than those that originally came in shutters. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

Michael Gudzinowicz
27-Mar-2006, 22:27
See: http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/rimagoncat/rimagone.html

It's very likely that the 360 barrel lens fits the #5 Compound shutter, however, coverage is listed as 5x7. A 420 would be for full plate, not 8x10.

resummerfield
29-Mar-2006, 10:32
Thanks, Mike, for the link to Cameraeccentric. That Rodenstock literature was probably dated from the late 60's or maybe 1970's (note the zip code in the address), and states the 300 Imagon comes in a Compound 4. I've spoken with several other people who also said their 300 was in a Compound 4. But I have a 300 dated around 1961, and it is most definately factory mounted in a Compound 5.

And for future reference, I received an email from Tim Sharkey at "LensN2Shutter.com". Tim says, "No, the 360 will not fit. At least I would not count on it. The barrel mount lenses are unlike standard barrels. normally there is a lens in the front and the rear and an aperture in the center. Not the case here. So it may front mount but it will not come out of the barrel and mount into the shutter. At least that has been my experience."