PDA

View Full Version : spring back systems

Pronier Jean Claude
8-Mar-2006, 01:08
Bonjour...Hi
I've a question regarding spring back. My question is centered around 8x10 Korona cameras but may be for other old camera .
On a Korona I bought recently, tagged Korona view Rochester, the spring back system is composed of levers and the spring idden behind.
On other Korona seen on ebay the system is very simple, only two flat springs screwed on the main frame and on the back two very small shafts where spring are attached.
I'm not very confident regarding this simple system, afraid about not sufficient pressure on film loader.
Could you give me your opinion about.
thanks to all of you
jean claude

Geert
8-Mar-2006, 01:22
Bonjour Claude,

if the springs are tight enough, there is no problem with the spring back system you describe.

Greetings,
G

Capocheny
8-Mar-2006, 08:38
Jean Claude,

Frankly, the springs on the back don't need to exert a LOT of pressure in order to hold a filmholder in its place properly. As long as it's not "flopping" around... you should be okay!

So, I wouldn't worry about that end of things too, too much!

Cheers

E. von Hoegh
8-Mar-2006, 09:53
Mr Pronier,
It is worthwhile checking that the springs hold the ground glass firmly against the back. When the springs get tired or have been abused, they will still hold the filmholder firmly enough but sometimes fail to return the ground glass to the focussing position. Also check the frame holding the ground glass for flatness. It is a simple matter to remove the springs and straighten them if neccesary.

David G. Gagnon
8-Mar-2006, 10:24
The 8x10 Korona I had employed that type of springs on the gg back. They worked fine for me while I owned the camera. Yours should be fine as long as the tension is adequate to hold the film holder in place.

DG