PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Denmark or near by?

paulr
6-Mar-2006, 14:31
A Danish magazine called magasinet KUNST (i'm guessing that's danish for "art magazine") has published a portfolio of my most recent work. It's medium format .. but that's larger than some formats, right?

I haven't seen it yet except for a spread online: http://www.magasinetkunst.dk/ex_5-02-2006.html

If anyone who sees the magazine can tell me what the essay says I'll owe you a six pack.

Tedd
6-Mar-2006, 14:38
Paul I will see if I can't get a hold of it here in Stockholm. My collegue is from Denmark and might have time to translate.

medform-norm
6-Mar-2006, 14:41
I don't know about reading the Danish, which I could possibly manage, but the letters are way too tiny even for danish speaking crowd. So please include a loupe with the six pack. Or would there be a larger file to download somewhere?

paulr
6-Mar-2006, 14:48
haha ...yeah, i know there's no way to read the jpeg. i was just curious to know if anyone gets this magazine in print and speaks danish.

thank you so much for your offer, Tedd ... please don't ask anyone to go out of their way for this.

also, if anyone who does NOT speak danish wants to invent a transaltion, please feel free. it would be a nice opportunity for anyone who wants to get back at me for anything ... or even just to flex those underused art-speak muscles ;-)

Tedd
6-Mar-2006, 14:59
Paul it is no problem at all. If he doesn't help then I just raise his rent! :0)

medform-norm
6-Mar-2006, 15:19
Paul,
perhaps you can ask some danish regulars on APUG to help out? like morton: morten@modafoto.dk or emil schildt aka gandolfi?

adrian tyler
7-Mar-2006, 00:07
the photos look good, as do the design, have you got this work on-line anywhere?

paulr
7-Mar-2006, 10:45
thanks, adrian.

i don't know who the designer for that mag is, but i think he or she is quite brilliant based on the spreads i've seen online. big relief ... i get a little nervous when someone says "european art magazine." i've seen more than a couple of crimes against nature bearing that title over the years.

that work isn't on my regular website, but a few samples are at http://www.artsanddesign.net/artist_personal.php?id=224&PHPSESSID=f985a762f3c03351041b5a3f6dadf08e

and more is in downloadable form at www.paulraphaelson.com/downloads/raphaelson_portfolio.pdf

adrian tyler
7-Mar-2006, 14:58
thanks paul, i am assuming that you have seen the magazine website:

http://www.magasinetkunst.dk/index.html

i'm sure that they will send you a couple of complimentry copies, great work, thanks

adrian

martin_4668
7-Mar-2006, 15:09
hi Paul

I have a camera shop in center of Copenhagen, Denmark. IŽll try to find the magazine and send you a translation.
KUNST means "art"..as you may have guessed.

regards

paulr
8-Mar-2006, 00:32
thank you martin and everyone else. they're sending me a bunch of copies at some point ... no idea when they'll show up. for all i know the text is a danish translation of something i wrote. but part of me hopes it's some whacked-out artspeak.

Erik Gould
8-Mar-2006, 08:24
---" for all i know the text is a danish translation of something i wrote. but part of me hopes it's some whacked-out artspeak." -- and the difference would be? :) --- congrats paul. It's a good looking spread, you should put more up on line.

paulr
8-Mar-2006, 12:20
nice, Erik ... i'm never safe when you're online.