PDA

View Full Version : Some of my 8x10 portraits too

Frank Petronio
9-Feb-2006, 10:59
Since Henry started by showing his, some of my new portraits with the 8x10 are sprinkled on my site. Some of you old farts might get a kick outta this one (http://frankpetronio.com/archive/temporarily_pg-13.html);-)

8x10 rocks...

Nick Morris
9-Feb-2006, 11:49
Thank you, Frank. I enjoyed your website, good work.

paulr
9-Feb-2006, 12:05
"it’s funny how some photographers can take a college girl and make her look all glamorous and sexy… and how I can take a college girl and make it look like she’s standing around in her underwear."

glamorous and sexy is a formula. showing someone looking like themselves when they're standing around in their underwear is a lot more interesting, at least to me.

Joseph O'Neil
9-Feb-2006, 13:27
"glamorous and sexy is a formula. showing someone looking like themselves when they're standing around in their underwear is a lot more interesting, at least to me."

I agree. Not only that, is it just me, or are some of the photoshop ("photoshopping"?) touch ups and effects becomming more and more obvious anymore in some of these"glamour shots", be it web or print/magazine? Yes, it has always been around, as has makeup, lighting, and even plastic surgery, but it just seems to me that in some cases, it's starting to get obvious anymore.

Too many technicians and not enough artists? Airbrush or computer mouse, IMO, you still gotta be an artist to make it look right

joe

Allen Quinn
9-Feb-2006, 20:19
Frank,
Enjoyed viewing your galleries. I'm impressed....

Bob Fowler
9-Feb-2006, 20:48
"it’s funny how some photographers can take a college girl and make her look all glamorous and sexy… and how I can take a college girl and make it look like she’s standing around in her underwear."

That is just so sad... :-)

hehehe

Christopher Keth
9-Feb-2006, 21:12
That's some nice stuff, Frank. I love the Zappa allusion, too ;)

Eric_6227
10-Feb-2006, 12:01
Hey Frank. Love your site. I've been browsing through the rest of your blog and just saw your latest entry. That new shot of "Laura" is cool. I also like the girls dancing on the tree stump. Looking forward to more.