PDA

View Full Version : View Camera Mag. in Canada

Robert Skeoch
30-Jan-2006, 13:00
Since I find View Camera Magazine hard to find in Canada I thought I would post this info.
Indigo in Burlington is bringing the magazine in once again. They now have the Jan/Feb issue on the shelf.
-Rob Skeoch

Andrew O'Neill
30-Jan-2006, 18:39
I have no problems getting VC from Chapters here in Coquitlam, BC. I can even get it when I'm in Kelowna in the Okanagan.

steve simmons
1-Feb-2006, 19:35
We now have better delivery to Canadian subscribers.

steve simmons

Justin F. Knotzke
3-Feb-2006, 12:22
Really Steve?

Because I had to cancel my subscription it was so bad.

Is it really improved and can someone from Canada confirm this?

Thanks

Mike Kovacs
26-Feb-2006, 08:19
From my experience, I would have to say no. I subscribed Jan 20 and I'm still waiting for my Jan/Feb 2006, which VCM has confirmed shipped out over a month ago. I am hoping they will consider sending another Jan/Feb issue soon, maybe along with the March/April.

I know VCM have no control over the postal system but letter mail takes under a week. Parcels take 2 weeks, sometimes 3, often less, depending on whether they get held up in customs. I recently had a big box containing a complete Rolleiflex SL66 outfit come in less than 7 days from Arkansas.

With paypal, I have 45 calendar days to launch a claim but I would really rather just get the magazines!

snuck
9-Aug-2006, 21:21
I find them quite often.. but I'm in Toronto. If they're not in Chapters or Indigo, try some of the smaller but trendier bookstores like Book City. Or magazine only stores

steve simmons
10-Aug-2006, 14:20
We now, since late last Fall, magazines directly to a mailing house in Canada so they are put directy into the Canadian postal system. This has improved delivery to Canadian subscribers tremendously and we get very few complaints.

If you are having problems it will be more likely to result in a good solution if you call us at 505-899-8054 m-f 8-5 mountain time.

steve simmons

Eric Rose
10-Aug-2006, 20:24
I like to buy it from my local McNally Robinson in Calgary.

Capocheny
10-Aug-2006, 21:22
I like to support small book and magazine stores as opposed to the big ones...

So, I buy mine from a Vancouver store called, "Your Mother Should Know." :)

Cheers

steve simmons
11-Aug-2006, 16:06
We are considering making each issue available online to overseas subscribers. The delivery time would then depnd on your internet access. This would reduce the price of an overseas sub considerably.

steve simmons

David Crossley
24-Nov-2006, 19:22
I just picked up the current issue @ Indigo in Calgary.

David Crossley/Crossley Photography....

As i think more about it, i have no trouble finding it as any one of four stores in the city carries it.

Andrew O'Neill
25-Nov-2006, 00:01
I've never had a problem getting it at Chapters just up the road from me.
Did you pick up the Nov/Dec issue?

Capocheny
25-Nov-2006, 01:42
From my experience, I would have to say no. I subscribed Jan 20 and I'm still waiting for my Jan/Feb 2006, which VCM has confirmed shipped out over a month ago. I am hoping they will consider sending another Jan/Feb issue soon, maybe along with the March/April.

I know VCM have no control over the postal system but letter mail takes under a week. Parcels take 2 weeks, sometimes 3, often less, depending on whether they get held up in customs. I recently had a big box containing a complete Rolleiflex SL66 outfit come in less than 7 days from Arkansas.

With paypal, I have 45 calendar days to launch a claim but I would really rather just get the magazines!

Hi Mike,

Isn't Rob Skeoch the designated distributor for View Camera going forward?

He's pretty darn reliable... so, your subscription should come on a more "regular" basis I would think.

Cheers

steve simmons
25-Nov-2006, 07:00
The Kovacs post was from last February and no longer has any relevance.

If you live in Canada and want a subscriptio please contact

www.bigcameraworkshops.com

He is fulfilling subscriptions in Canada and taking new subscriptions.

Prior to thi we began sendng magazines in bulk to a Canadian mailing service late in 05 and this improved service considerably. This new move to Rob will help us do an even better job.

BTW we have received many compliments on the Nov/Dec issue.

steve simmons

Andrew O'Neill
25-Nov-2006, 09:32
I'll be heading into Chapters to pick up current issue. The lady who looks after the magazine section called me to let me know it's in. Now that's service, eh?

Capocheny
25-Nov-2006, 17:57
Steve,

I'm sure Rob will be much, much more diligent about ensuring things run smoothly wrt delivery!

I'll have to run out and get the latest issue later on today! And, if it's ANYTHING like the last issue... you're certainly on track to increasing your subscriptions figures! :)

Andrew,

I still prefer supporting the little guys... "Your Mother Should Know" is a small magazine store in the heart of the Kitsilano shopping area on West 4th Avenue.

As a matter of fact... just two doors over from Bistro Pastis (the restaurant we went to on the last evening of Pers' workshop. Remember?

But, I appreciate you live quite a ways away from this area. :)

Cheers

Andrew O'Neill
25-Nov-2006, 20:21
Like I'm going to drive aaaaaaaaaall the way to Kits to buy a $6 dollar magazine?? I'm out in the sticks. I've gotta drive just to get to my garage.

Capocheny
25-Nov-2006, 20:42
I'm out in the sticks. I've gotta drive just to get to my garage.

Hi Andrew,

That was a GOOD one... still LMAO! :)

Cheers

steve simmons
26-Nov-2006, 07:28
Andrew,

Rob will be happy to mail your copy to you. Then you only have to drive to your mail box!

steve

Andrew O'Neill
26-Nov-2006, 09:22
Rob will be happy to mail your copy to you. Then you only have to drive to your mail box!

That is true Steve, that is true.

tim atherton
26-Nov-2006, 12:12
At my local magazien rack here in Edmonton Yesterday (along with Blindspot)

I must say, this is the best issue of BViewCamera I've seen in a logn time and the first one I've bought in ages - very nice and varied. Good pieces etc - all apart from Kerry's three part extended tease - that's two months at least until we actuially get to some of the test results - jeesh - I've heard of foreplay but.... :-)

Andrew O'Neill
26-Nov-2006, 17:21
Hey Tim, you're in Edmonton now??

tim atherton
26-Nov-2006, 17:43
Hey Tim, you're in Edmonton now??

yeah - and it's as cold as Yellowknife this week...

Andrew O'Neill
26-Nov-2006, 17:50
Hey, it's snowing like hell outside here...but it's wet, disgusting stuff.

Robert Skeoch
28-Nov-2006, 09:59
Hey Andrew, if you had the mag mailed to your house you might have time to work on the print exchange.
-Rob Skeoch