PDA

View Full Version : Need funky 8x10 bellows.

Kirk Gittings
25-Jan-2006, 17:42
Help!!!

Does anyone have an old tapered 8x10 bellows I can borrow? It can leak like crazy. I don't care. Nor do I care what brand it is or color. I just need it relatively flexible and long.

I need it for a prop in a portrait that is being done of me by the notorious Karen Kuehn. www.karenkuehn.com/ (http://www.karenkuehn.com/)

I would be happy to pay rush shipping to and fro. Email me. Thanks.

kirk@swcp.com

Michael Graves
25-Jan-2006, 18:29
I don't have a bellows all by itself; but I have an old Eastman 2D you could use if that would help.

Juergen Sattler
25-Jan-2006, 18:38
Kirk, I have an 8x10 red bellows by itself, BUT I am on the road right now and won't be back home until Sunday - I could ship it to you first thing Monday morning - I live in Scottsdale and it shouldn't take long for it to get to you. I just need it back whenever you are done - it is part of a restoration project. Let me know if that would work for you. You can email me your address directly (sattler123@yahoo.com)

Ralph Barker
25-Jan-2006, 18:39
You have mail. 8^)

Frank Petronio
25-Jan-2006, 18:53
What did you do to be a subject? I have noticed her work for years - she is excellent.

Kirk Gittings
25-Jan-2006, 22:15
Frank,

Pretty simple really....I bought her dinner after my last opening and after a bit too much vino...she offered. I agree she is first rate, a true creative.

Kirk Gittings
25-Jan-2006, 22:24
Thanks all I think I've got it covered. This forum rocks!

John Berry ( Roadkill )
26-Jan-2006, 00:07
Add another notch to the "you have arrived" belt

Kirk Gittings
26-Jan-2006, 00:08
By the way, these days she is primarily working in 8x10!

Kirk Gittings
26-Jan-2006, 00:31
John,

"Add another notch to the "you have arrived" belt"

Interesting point, I had not looked at it that way. Thanks for that insite. In all honesty the process of "arriving" seems a bit like watching grass grow. This has been no rock star journey. For me it seems like a very slow but gradually accelerating accumulation of ever slightly higher profile resume notations. I suppose there will be a qualitative shift at some point. I just hope I am alive to see it.

Frank Petronio
28-Jan-2006, 07:48
Is she really tattooed and punked up? Quite the hottie for the middle aged - bet she slays all those pony tailed posers in Santa Fe

(as I see Jamey Stillings writhing in the dust...)