PDA

View Full Version : Arca Swiss Misura (metal) 4x5 with orbix

Michael Hall
17-Jan-2006, 18:45
In my travels around the internet I have discovered the Arca Swiss Misura (metal) 4x5 with orbix. Has anyone had any dealings with this camera? Is it limited due to its compactness?

Thanks for all the replies, this is a great forum, my apologies if I havn't replied individually all all.

Ron Marshall
17-Jan-2006, 20:08
Here is a comprehensive review of the Misura.

http://www.galerie-photo.com/arca-swiss-misura-us.html

I don't remember the details, but I think without an extension rail (auxiliary bellows) it had a short bellows draw. But don't quote me.

Jack Flesher
18-Jan-2006, 08:56
I am pretty sure it also lacks either front or rear movements too -- though don't quote me either.

Frank Petronio
18-Jan-2006, 09:53
All your "what camera?" postings... If you can afford it, get the Arca-Swiss 4x5 with the 141mm rear standard and 110mm front standard, the Dynamic Orbix feature and the folding compact rail, plus the leather bag bellows that fits. Make sure to get a Gizo 1325 CF tripod with an Arca-Swiss B-1 head (or a Really Right Stuff B55 head) with the lever clamp. And don't forget a rack of the latest Schneider XL and APO Symmar lenses - the 58, 80, and 110 XL plus a 180 and APO. But everything into a Crumpler bag of course.

That should be a nice beginner's outfit until you get really proficient...