PDA

View Full Version : Protar in Otto Lund Paris Shutter

Tony_6165
17-Dec-2005, 21:41
Hi,

I've been fortunate enough to come into several older & unusual lenses. One is a set of Zeiss Protarlinses D.R.P 56109 (a 480 mm on the front # 41574, and a 350mm #37809 on the back). The lenses are roughly 2 1/8 inches in diameter (5.5 cm).. They are mounted on a shutter, marked "Otto Lund Paris Brevete SGDG 853". The shutter measures 5 inches x 3 1/2 inches.

Does anyone know anything about this shutter, where I can find more information about this shutter, or how I can date it? It's quite an interesting piece.

I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

Many thanks!
Tony

Tony_6165
18-Dec-2005, 22:15
Hi all,

Here are some photos of the shutter:

http://bill.assist.uci.edu/tony/photography/lund/shutter.html

Ernest Purdum
19-Dec-2005, 08:23
All I can say is that it is a fascinating shutter which, in many years of searching for unusual shutters I have never seen. Congratulations. I wish I had one for my collection. Thank you for providing the pictures.

The number"853" would seem to indicate that there were a fair number made. so it is surprising that this is the first time I have seen reference to it. I am guessing that Lund probably made cameras with this shutter on them rather than shutters for other makers.

Steven Tribe
31-Oct-2022, 15:22
The link to OP’s image of an Otto Lund shutter is a ghost, but here is illustration of another one. So a Googler to this thread won’t be disappointed.
Mounted on a stylish Hermagis camera.

Embdude
31-Oct-2022, 20:14
Ha this thread is almost as old as the shutter...

1901 E. Krauss catalog also had them...

tobecko
6-Nov-2022, 10:20
Hello,

I have the same shutter on a Watson Stereo tailgate I foud recently. I am still trying to figure out what the eight shutter times are exactly. Number one is like B I found out, but the others get shorter by turning the knob towards 8, but I don´t know how short they are. I cannot reach the 8, because the tension becomes greater, ( it is like winding up) and I do not want to overdo it.

If anybody knows anything about the shutter times, I would also be thankful.

Regards,

Tobias Becker232421