PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mike Johnston's new photography weblog

Oren Grad
8-Dec-2005, 10:15
It's a bit OT, but I thought some here might be interested in checking out Mike Johnston's new photography weblog, The Online Photographer (theonlinephotographer.blogpost.com).

I'll be posting occasionally on LF and other topics, and Carl Weese is one of the regulars as well. The content and "personality" of the site are still taking shape, but overall will be pretty eclectic - and flame wars are not allowed.

Although the site has been up for only a few days, we're already having a good time. Do come visit when you have a moment...

Oren Grad
8-Dec-2005, 10:17
Sorry - looks like I inserted a bad link. Try this:

theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com (http://theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com)

Bruce Watson
8-Dec-2005, 11:47
The guy still owes me a book. It's been what - five years? Can't say I'm overly interested in what he has to say anymore.

Robert McClure
8-Dec-2005, 11:55
Oren,

Thanks so much for your post about Mike Johnston's weblog! I've already emailed the link to a friend. It's great!

By "flame wars" I can only assume you mean the kind of thing the mention of, say, a "Lon Pilsner" seems to ignite on the forum.

BTW, I am proud to count myself among the users of "Funky Fim Formats" and a member of the "Looney fringe using ... sheet film." Ha,ha!!

Pax Vobiscum

David Karp
8-Dec-2005, 12:13
Thanks Oren.

Jim Rhoades
8-Dec-2005, 17:56
"Flame wars not allowed" Considering the attacks that Mr. Johnston made upon Mr. Picker that's strange. This is the same guy, right?

Jorge Gasteazoro
8-Dec-2005, 19:22
and flame wars are not allowed.

Well hell, where is the fun in that?.... :-)

Oren Grad
8-Dec-2005, 19:34
Jorge -

Not to worry, there should be plenty of spice and maybe even a grilling now and then - just no open flames. Safety, you know...