PDA

View Full Version : 4x5 PS

John_4185
7-Dec-2005, 14:04
elearning.winona.edu/staff_o/jjs/s (http://elearning.winona.edu/staff_o/jjs/s)

Lighter and less filling.

Wayne Crider
7-Dec-2005, 17:33
I believe I just saw this camera advertised in the UK's, Outdoor Photography magazine. HD(?) something is the brand name. Looks pretty interesting and the price seems reasonable. I believe it's out of China.

Bosaiya
7-Dec-2005, 17:57
I saw the same thing a while back being sold from China itself. There was a flurry of questions on the usual sites about it. Certainly looks like fun.

John_4185
7-Dec-2005, 18:21
You all understand that the lens is not part of the package. You may as well buy a shoebox.

John_4185
7-Dec-2005, 18:25
http://elearning.winona.edu/staff_o/jjs/p.jpg

Buy a shoebox or something like this - 4x5 with Biogon 3"

Jerry Fusselman
8-Dec-2005, 17:12
jj, I do not understand the logic in these last two posts of yours. You are saying that if a camera is sold without a lens that it is therefore of equal value to a shoebox? Maybe I just don't get your joke.

David Hempenstall
9-Dec-2005, 20:15
the gaoersi camera has rise and fall.

this allows the photographer to use it as b0th a handheld unit and take advantage of one of the most common movments used (at least by me) when on a tripod.

The printex on the other hand seems to offer a coupled rangefinder, but no movements.

either way, i have purchased a gaoersi 5x4 body, and will post here again once I get back home to have a look. I felt that it met my needs.

For me, scale focusing with a 90mm is no problem and rise and fall are VERY useful.

All in a newly manufactured metal body.... sounds better than a shoe box.

D.

Oren Grad
9-Dec-2005, 20:17
David - Please do post your impressions when you have a chance. I've seen the eBay listings, and am curious about the quality of construction and whether there are any rough spots in actual use. TIA...

John_4185
9-Dec-2005, 21:23
jj, I do not understand the logic in these last two posts of yours. You are saying that if a camera is sold without a lens that it is therefore of equal value to a shoebox? Maybe I just don't get your joke.

THAT camera without a lens is just nothing special. There are plenty of alternatives at reasonable prices WITH a lens. With something so specialized, the buyer is committed to more $ yet. Seems silly to me.

Jerry Fusselman
10-Dec-2005, 00:17
jj, plenty of alternatives, as you say, with shift and interchangeable lenses with focusing mounts allowing 4x5 and 6x12 for the same size and price as this camera? Could you name a couple of these, since there are so many?

Or maybe you just want to mention the ones with built-in lenses and focusing mounts, though those are not as useful to hikers? I simply cannot tell what available cameras you are thinking of that you feel dominate this one.