PDA

View Full Version : R2400 Off the wall question

Mark Carney
30-Nov-2005, 18:40
Does anyone with some experience with this printer have a feel for how well it does with just plain text? Not the normal printer type question for this group but I'm hoping to find some honest answers here. How small of a font it can handle and print speed in black only as well as color. How about its duty cycle, what kind of volume can it handle?

I have a need of a printer that can handle doing primarily black text with the occasional bit of red text mixed in. My first thought was a color laser but they tend to have a fairly slow ppm when you mix in color with the sturdier printers being close in price to the r2400.

The bottom line is I am really struggling to justify (rationalizing) getting this printer, and if the ppm count is decent it might work.

Any feedback concerning its application as a general purpose printer would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Ed Richards
30-Nov-2005, 19:04
One of the low end officejets from HP would do a better job at much lower initial and ongoing cost. These printers are not optimized for text.

Michael Ting
30-Nov-2005, 19:41
Something else you might want to consider is driver issues. I have the Epson 2200, and it never works reliably for normal office document printing. I've downloaded multiple drivers, but still the same issue.

Armin Seeholzer
1-Dec-2005, 09:13
Are you working with Mac then it should not be a problem!

If you are working with a wondows maching then printing is like going and hoping!
Praise the lord if it works!

Mark Carney
1-Dec-2005, 13:46
Thanks

I knew it would be unreasonable and definetly not allowed with my karma to get a dual purpose printer.

Thanks for the input. I knew it wouldn't work before I asked.

Mark