PDA

View Full Version : JOBO CPP2 - Replacing the spigot restraining nut

Robert Ruderman
28-Nov-2005, 07:45
Hi,

I just bought a used Jobo CPP2 processor. It seems to check out fine except that the restraining nut that keeps the drain spigot attached to the lower portion of the tank has come loose. I have the plastic nut (it was sliding around inside the tank), but I have no idea as to how to reattach it.

Do I need to unscrew the red plastic (upper) portion of the tank? Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
Robert

Jorge Gasteazoro
28-Nov-2005, 07:58
Yes, it is a very easy fix. Unscrew the red portion, there are 3 screws in the front and 3 in the back. Once you do that you will see the heating element, you dont need to remove it to reach the spigot. Screw the plastic nut to the spigot ( it is a good idea to put some silicone on the nut so that the seal is perfect, it is what I did) .

It is easier if you just hold the nut and screw the spigot in so try and have the unit sticking out of the table a little so you can turn the spigot. Dont try and tighten too tight, you will break the nut (no, I did not do this, but have done with other plastic nuts....) as I said it is best to use silicon.

Since you are there, check all the other nuts as well, on the back there is the spigot to release overflow, check that one too and if it needs tightening do it and apply silicon as well. When I got mine it leaked in these two sites, now it is tighter than a frog's ass.... :-)

BTW, if you plan to always use the intermitent agitation (back and forth) you might want to put a little bit of glue on the switch that changes directions. For some reason the little plastic prong that makes the switch change directions on mine lost tension and would not stay pressed out. Having to reset it every time I had to use the unit was a real PITA, so I just put some glue and it works perfect now. Of course if you do this you wont be able to use the uniderectional settings, but who cares? .... :-)

Robert Ruderman
28-Nov-2005, 23:23
Thanks Jorge. I followed your directions and the spigot is now attached (with no leaks).