PDA

View Full Version : "Post Exposure" book question

brian steinberger
13-Oct-2005, 15:47
I just recieved "Post Exposure" by Ctein. I'm confused because it starts on chapter 5. I couldn't find anything on Amazon.com about there being a book before it. Can anyone help me?

Brian

Michael Veit
13-Oct-2005, 16:08
Mine starts with Chapter 1: "How We See"

My chapter 5 is "Matching the Characteristics of the Film and Printing Material"

There's only 46 pages devoted to the first 4 chapters so I doubt they've broken it up into two parts. Sounds like a misprint to me.

dan_3937
13-Oct-2005, 17:38
I have the same problem. I ordered a copy almost a year ago and got aroudn to reading it maybe a month ago. I think there was a publishing problem.

Dan

Richard Schlesinger
13-Oct-2005, 18:23
Mine is the Second Edition, and it too begins with Ch. 1, "How We See". Talk to the publisher/bookseller sternly!

Tom Westbrook
13-Oct-2005, 18:42
No need to be stern unless the people you bought it from refuse to get you a replacement. Bookstores can get replacements from publishers for defective books, unless it's out of print. Bookstores don't inspect the books they sell as a rule. If it has been a year since you bought it, you may have to deal directly with the publisher for a replacement.

Larry Gebhardt
14-Oct-2005, 05:28
I got the same misbound version from Amazon. Sent it back to Amazon and they waited a month to tell me they had no more. I ended up ordering from the publisher.

The publisher should replace the book without a problem. It is obvious that the reader didn't do that to the book.

Neal Wydra
14-Oct-2005, 12:01
A quick note: If the book can be returned for a refund, copies can be purchased at www.ctein.com.

brian steinberger
14-Oct-2005, 16:19
Yeah, I was unfortunate and bought it used off of amazon. So yeah, I'll just buy another. Thanks everyone!

Brian