PDA

View Full Version : Durst L1200 Laborator enlarger - disassembling

Ron Spencer
2-Oct-2005, 15:49
Hi,

I just bought a Durst L1200 Laborator enlarger and it is going to be shipped to me. I need to know
how to remove the chassis (the part that holds the head) frøm the column.

Does anyone know where I can find detailed assembly/disassembly instructions (hopefully in PDF format)
that I could send to the seller of this enlarger so that he can easily take it apart without damaging anything?

Thank you all very much in advance.

Ron Spencer

resummerfield
2-Oct-2005, 16:38
Durst ships the chassis installed on the column, and considering the spring and alignment, I think it would be a mistake to remove the chassis/bellows assembly from the column. However, the head does easily remove from the chassis with 6 screws. And of course, remove the baseboard.

Enrico
2-Oct-2005, 17:09
Hello, Removing the head is ok. But Dont remove the chassis/spring assembly - it stays on! This is potentially dangerous. If that spring belt comes off it will probably take half your head with it...

If you want, the bellows assembly can be removed but there is no need. Just have it all closed up and bubble wrap it in abundance.

Ron Spencer
2-Oct-2005, 17:19
Thank you very much to Eric and Enrico for your warnings. WHEW!
I'm glad I asked. I will not have him remove it. I am actually going
to drive down and pick it up with the chassis still on the column.

Thanks again for your very quick responses. You probably saved my
poor Durst from sure peril.

Ron :)

Michael S. Briggs
2-Oct-2005, 19:01
Be sure to follow the warning on the side of the enlarger: "Lock before removing Head". I like to remove the head with the chassis/head run all the way to the top of the column as an additional precaution. With the head removed, the chassis becomes unbalanced against the force of the spring. You don't want the chassis to jump up, hurting yourself or stripping a tooth from the plastic rack.

You can buy a PDF manual for the current version of the L1200 and the current heads from http://www.durst.it/shop/, but the price is rather high.