PDA

View Full Version : Microtek 1800f Sample Scan? Oh Where Art Thou?

Joe Bossuyt
15-Sep-2005, 11:40
I have been waiting patiently ever since the Collaborative Large Format Scanner Comparison web page was first created, for a sample scan made with the Microtek Artixscan 1800f scanner.

I am somewhat surprised that after several months there is still no example, of what is probably the most popular (or maybe second only to the Epson 4990) and most often discussed flatbed scanner on this forum, yet to be found on this fine comparison page.

Leigh any update on this?

Best regards,

Ted Harris
15-Sep-2005, 14:16
Mea culpa .... I did the i900 scan (which I believe was with an improperl yaligned machine btw) and will do the same on an 1800f scan when the tranny comes this way again. Should ahve done it much sooner. I have tested the scanner extensively since we bagan our series of scanning articles for "View Camera" and you will find it referenced in the article in the July-August issue. I will have a high resolution file of the first image you see in the article available on my web [page or View Camera's very soon if you want to take the time to download same (about 1 GB).

Leigh Perry
15-Sep-2005, 15:23
jmboss, thanks for your interest.

I'm asking people to turn the slide around in 1 week max, but unfortunately it doesn't always work. The slide bogged down in the UK waiting for a scan for the last couple of months but after some chiding the scan is happening on Monday. It then travels to Norway for several high-end scanners.

From there it is going back to the USA. The 1800f and Canon 9950f will happen back in the USA after that.

Ben Diss
15-Sep-2005, 16:10
I just bought this scanner, based on the discussion here. I super-happy with it, but of course I have no comparison with which to accurately judge it.

Now I have to gain skill in using it.

-Ben