PDA

View Full Version : Any LF groups in Texas?

Michael Wellman
13-Apr-2018, 23:09
Looking for a group in Texas. Austin/central Texas would be preferred.

fj55mike
16-Apr-2018, 11:52
There used to be a meetup.com group for Large Format here in Austin run by Charles Henry, but it wasn't very active despite having several successful get-togethers. I know there are a fair number of folks here who regularly use large format, would be fun to make some new friends sometime.

I'm planning on attending the Austin Film Photographer's meetup for a camera show'n'tell next month. Might see who else shows up to discuss a LF specific group.

Mike

seabee1999
16-Apr-2018, 12:55
Sorry but I am not in Texas but I am moving towards the end of this year to Norman, OK after retiring from the US Navy. Perhaps once I settle down there I can do a swing to Austin. My sister and brother-in-law live outside Georgetown and my wife and I go there fairly often to se them.

R/
Dave

Michael Wellman
16-Apr-2018, 17:52
I haven't heard about the Austin Film Photographers. Thanks for telling me about it. I'm going to try and make it there. Dave, would love to see you down here but OK is on the way to a place I've been wanting to photograph--The Flint Hills in KS.

Andrew Plume
17-Apr-2018, 04:15
Hi Michael

Over on the old apug, this is shown as "a group"

https://www.photrio.com/forum/groups/texas-hill-country-film-photographers.140/group

regards

Andrew

Alan Gales
18-Apr-2018, 10:41
There should be. Isn't everything, including film, big in Texas? :)

8x20_Pano_Shooter
11-Jun-2018, 17:55
A few years ago we had an active LF group here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area but it seems to have just faded away. I shoot 4x10 and 8x20 and my husband, JB, shoots 8x10 and 11x14.

Steve Sherman
11-Jun-2018, 18:11
A few years ago we had an active LF group here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area but it seems to have just faded away. I shoot 4x10 and 8x20 and my husband, JB, shoots 8x10 and 11x14.
You'll not find two nicer people and great photographers than Ms 8x20 and husband JB

Andrew Plume
12-Jun-2018, 02:07
And they made their own ULF Cameras too

Andrew

lab black
12-Jun-2018, 03:05
"You'll not find two nicer people and great photographers than Ms 8x20 and husband JB"

+1

henrysamson
4-Oct-2019, 10:12
I just found this thread. I've been fairly active in large format for many years. I shoot 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10. I recently moved to Austin and am trying to get a darkroom built and get out shooting again. I'd be interested in getting together with any large format shooters in the area. Several years ago I was involved with a fairly active group in Houston but it seemed to fade away.

Hank

fj55mike
7-Oct-2019, 15:33
We really need to get something going again. These meetups don't tend to last more than a few meetings, but I always enjoy the ones I have attended. I do understand that it's a lot of work to keep formal meetings going, so maybe we keep it informal.