PDA

View Full Version : Jim Fitzgerald-Revealed In Carbon

Jim Fitzgerald
6-Apr-2018, 09:20
I wanted to invite everyone to my solo show which runs from May 12th through June 6th at the LightBox Gallery in Astoria Oregon. The show will feature 27-30 of my carbon transfer prints from the last 10 years. New work and several old favorites. I'll have prints from all the sizes I shoot. 8x10, 11x14, 8x20 and 14x17. This is a great opportunity to see a large collection of carbon transfer prints in a beautiful gallery setting.

Many people have never seen a carbon print so now is your chance to see some of my finest work.

I will be giving a talk about my work and why I do what I do from 4-5PM before the opening. The show is from 5-8PM. I will have a surprise unveiling during the opening of something very special that you do not want to miss. I hope to see some of you at the opening, I could use the support as I am kind of new to the area.

Here is the link to the gallery page. If you get a chance spend some time looking at some of the past shows I know you will love the quality of the work. Also this is the final weekend to submit work to a show which runs concurrent with mine which is Extending Tradition-Large Format. Consider submitting some work.

http://www.lightbox-photographic.com

Louis Pacilla
6-Apr-2018, 09:36
Hey Jim Congratulations and best of luck w/ your One Man Show!

There are times when I wished I lived on the other coast and this is one of them.

Jim Fitzgerald
6-Apr-2018, 10:29
Louis, thank you. Once the show opens the gallery will put the images up on their website for those who can not make it. The link is next to my image on the show page.

austin granger
6-Apr-2018, 11:09
These prints really need to be seen in person to appreciate them.

I'll be there Jim!

Mark Woods
6-Apr-2018, 11:58
As an owner of one of your prints, I totally agree that they must be seen to be fully appreciated! Can't make it this time, but will see you soon.

All the best,

Mark

Jim Fitzgerald
6-Apr-2018, 12:10
Thanks Austin and Mark. BTW this is the last weekend to view Austin's stunning work on display at the gallery. I've gotta spread the word as I'm the newbie in the area.

rorye
6-Apr-2018, 14:22
Congratulations Jim. I hope to be in OR in early June and would love to see your prints in person.

Tin Can
6-Apr-2018, 15:50
30 Carbon prints. Wow!

Congratulations!

Michael Clark
6-Apr-2018, 18:12
I have seen Jim's prints in a show in Riverside Ca. a few years back and at the last Greet and Meet they had, and I must say some of the finest Carbo,s I have ever seen.

Congratulations

Mike

Luis-F-S
6-Apr-2018, 19:23
Wish I could go, it’s a bit far. Best luck with the show, I know the work will be great!

Jim Fitzgerald
6-Apr-2018, 19:31
Thanks everyone. I have some ideas for a couple of 14x17 carbon prints that are in my head. If I get them on film and printed they will be in the show as well. For those who can't make the show we may be doing a live broadcast on facebook and it will be shot on Video and posted on you tube. The special presentation as well!

Jim Fitzgerald
6-Apr-2018, 19:31
Congratulations Jim. I hope to be in OR in early June and would love to see your prints in person.

The work will be up until June 6th. Hope you can make it.

andrewch59
6-Apr-2018, 20:16
Good Luck Jim, I will have to look forward to the you tube clip.

Hugo Zhang
6-Apr-2018, 21:06
Jim,

Congratulations!

Hugo

Merg Ross
6-Apr-2018, 22:01
Jim, congratulations!

Your passion, dedication, and vision have served you well. I know it will be a stunning exhibition.

Best,
Merg

Jim Fitzgerald
6-Apr-2018, 22:14
Good Luck Jim, I will have to look forward to the you tube clip.

Andrew, thanks. I'll be sure to let everyone know when it is ready.

Jim Fitzgerald
6-Apr-2018, 22:15
Hugo, thanks. It will be fun. Merg, thanks so much. I draw inspiration from a lot of artists and you are at the top of the list as are several others.

Doremus Scudder
7-Apr-2018, 02:15
Rats! I'm not back in Oregon till mid-June, which means I'll miss both your and Austin's shows...

Nevertheless, congratulations and good luck for your show!

Best,

Doremus

Jeffrey Arthur
7-Apr-2018, 05:22
I remember going to your show in Ventura where I saw my first ever carbon prints. This show sounds even more ambitious. Congratulations Jim!

Jim Fitzgerald
7-Apr-2018, 08:45
Rats! I'm not back in Oregon till mid-June, which means I'll miss both your and Austin's shows...

Nevertheless, congratulations and good luck for your show!

Best,

Doremus

Doremus, it is a shame that you will not be able to see the shows. Austin's work is beautiful. There are some calls for work later this year and I will enter some of my work in those shows. Also, I was selected to be in the LightBox files and I will have 10 of my carbon prints that will be matted and in special drawers for a year at the gallery. Just as Michael the gallery owner to see the work and he will show you.

Jim Fitzgerald
7-Apr-2018, 08:47
I remember going to your show in Ventura where I saw my first ever carbon prints. This show sounds even more ambitious. Congratulations Jim!

Jeffery, yes the show in Ventura. I actually had more work showing at that venue but had no support from the gallery. It was a terrible experience. I consider this my first "real" show because I'm supported by a gallery that is devoted to photography and nothing but photography.

Jeffrey Arthur
7-Apr-2018, 09:03
Perfect!

ScottPhotoCo
7-Apr-2018, 21:30
Well deserved, sir. Wish we could make it!

Tri Tran
7-Apr-2018, 23:45
All I can say is... I can't wait. Look forward to it. Congrats Jim.

Pere Casals
8-Apr-2018, 01:21
Jim, this is great news, it will be an impressive exhibition, sadly it's 10,000km from home it would be great (for example) to see this lesson on textures:

https://www.jimscarbonartphotography.com/uploads/7/8/8/6/7886364/6404646_orig.jpg

Jim Fitzgerald
8-Apr-2018, 02:07
Tri, looking forward to seeing you and showing you around. Pere, one of my favorites and it is in the show. Thanks guys.

Ray Marrero
8-Apr-2018, 11:58
Michael and I were just talking about your show a fews days ago. I'll certainly be there. Also, a newbie to the area.

Ray

Jim Fitzgerald
8-Apr-2018, 18:52
Michael and I were just talking about your show a fews days ago. I'll certainly be there. Also, a newbie to the area.

Ray

Ray, I think I'll wear my name tag so people know who the artist is!

Jim Fitzgerald
28-Apr-2018, 12:26
I just sent my image list to the gallery. This is a wonderful chance to see a substantial amount of carbon transfer prints in one place. I'll have 16 8x10's 3 11x14's 4 8x20' and 3 for sure and maybe up to 6 14x17 prints in the show. I will also have an Orotype and an Opaltype in the show as well.
During my opening I will have a special presentation as well. I hope those close can attend. If not I will have my talk and special presentation videotaped and put up on YouTube and social media for those who can not make it. Once the show opens all of my images in the show will be on the galleries website.

Merg Ross
28-Apr-2018, 12:47
I just sent my image list to the gallery. This is a wonderful chance to see a substantial amount of carbon transfer prints in one place. I'll have 16 8x10's 3 11x14's 4 8x20' and 3 for sure and maybe up to 6 14x17 prints in the show. I will also have an Orotype and an Opaltype in the show as well.
During my opening I will have a special presentation as well. I hope those close can attend. If not I will have my talk and special presentation videotaped and put up on YouTube and social media for those who can not make it. Once the show opens all of my images in the show will be on the galleries website.

Terrific!

Wish I lived closer. This should be a real treat for your audience.

All the best,
Merg

Tin Can
28-Apr-2018, 12:51
Wonderful and congratulations!

Mark Woods
28-Apr-2018, 15:10
Way to go Jim!!

Jim Fitzgerald
28-Apr-2018, 18:27
Randy and Mark, thanks. I'm looking forward to the opening. It is crunch time for me now.

Mark Woods
28-Apr-2018, 21:21
You're going to make it wonderful! Just a lot of BST!

Jim Fitzgerald
30-May-2018, 09:21
If anyone is looking for something to do this Saturday the 2nd of June come on out to Astoria for my closing reception of my show. The work hangs until June 6th and we are having a party from 1-4 pm. There may even be a surprise give away. Hope to see some of you at LightBox Photographic.