PDA

View Full Version : Arca Swiss F - Loose Function Carrier

FelixBabakuntos
1-Apr-2018, 19:18
I am the new owner of a very used Arca F-Classic. Upon inspection I've noticed that the spring clip on the rear function carrier - which holds the format frame and adjusts shift - is some kind of loose, causing the entire frame to wiggle by a few millimetres along the tilt axis. The plate upon which the springs push to keep tension rises slightly above where the springs end (not the case on the front), but I am not knowledgeable enough to identify the actual problem. Is this a matter of tightening something, changing springs, or a bigger service issue?

neil poulsen
3-Apr-2018, 00:31
These devices are rather complicated. I would send the carrier to Precision Camera Works, an authorized Arca repair center.

Alan9940
3-Apr-2018, 13:00
I would suggest contacting Rod Klukas - Arca-Swiss International - at rod.klukas [at] arca-swiss [dot] com.

agregov
3-Apr-2018, 13:33
For Arca repairs, Rod forwarded me to Precision and they were great. I'd start with them. If you want to buy a replacement function carrier, then I'd call Rod.

asf
4-Apr-2018, 09:28
Rod will tell you to contact Bob at Precision, he should be able to fix this easily

If not I have a couple extra rear carriers I could let go of

FelixBabakuntos
4-Apr-2018, 10:35
Rod will tell you to contact Bob at Precision, he should be able to fix this easily

This is exactly what happened; for what it's worth I decided to return it to the retailer since it had been advertised as fully functional.