PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Forks, Wa. 4x5

Terry Breedlove
1-Apr-2018, 04:38
Hello just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Forks, Wa near the HOH rainforest. I have a Chamonix f1 with two lenses and a third on the way right now. I have the Nikkor 90 SW f 4.5 and the Nikkor 210mm f5.6 W and the Nikon SW 65mm f4 coming. Everything is in mint shape and the camera is brand new. I want to learn the zone system and I shoot almost always black and white film. I have a new sekonic spot meter and need to learn how to use it as well. I also have a very nice beseler 4x5 enlarger with a 135mm lens but it isn’t set up yet. I do have a beseler 23c set up I use all the time for my 35mm and 6x6 film. I don’t think my area Olympic National Park has been photographed well at all and that is my goal hopefully my legacy in time.

Terry Breedlove
1-Apr-2018, 04:41

fotopfw
1-Apr-2018, 05:44
That looks a very nice outfit!

Terry Breedlove
1-Apr-2018, 06:14
Thank you :)

Alan Gales
1-Apr-2018, 09:39
Welcome to the forum, Terry! That's a really nice kit that you put together. You are going to love getting out in nature with it!

Alan

robshepherd
1-Apr-2018, 09:59
Hello just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Forks, Wa near the HOH rainforest. I have a Chamonix f1 with two lenses and a third on the way right now.

Hello Terry. I've spent quite a bit of time in your neck of the woods. Beautiful country out on the peninsula, and I love the Hoh. You're right, the area is ripe with photo opportunities. My wife and I live in Bellingham. If you make it over this way, bring your gear and we can go out to make a few pictures and I can help you get started with the zone system. Regards, Rob

Terry Breedlove
1-Apr-2018, 11:16
Rob I would love to this summer if your up to it. :) and I make a great guide over here I have lived here all my life

robshepherd
1-Apr-2018, 11:21
Rob I would love to this summer if your up to it. :) and I make a great guide over here I have lived here all my life

Sounds good Terry! Send me a message via the forum when you're planning to come over. My schedule is really flexible. Email address should also be available via my profile here.

Terry Breedlove
2-Apr-2018, 01:06
Will do

Leszek Vogt
2-Apr-2018, 15:05
Welcome to LF forum. One of these days I'll mozy to HOH, since I'm only 3.5 hrs away. You might be totally sick of La Push by now :>), but I find the place full of visual opportunities....and that goes for Ruby Bch too. Hmmm, nice rig you got there.

Les

Terry Breedlove
4-Apr-2018, 00:08
Second beach outside of LavPush is my favorite. I have been walking it since 3rd grade on the other side of the river the Rialto beach is brilliant. Take a walk to the hole in the wall someday just gorgeous.

Jeffrey Arthur
5-Apr-2018, 21:50
I'm moving there in a few months. See you then.

Terry Breedlove
6-Apr-2018, 15:31
Sweet see you later :)

robshepherd
7-Apr-2018, 10:10
Take a walk to the hole in the wall someday just gorgeous.

Agree, it's a magical place. The beach up past the hole is really cool too. Packing large format gear up there isn't easy though, and getting across Ellen Creek has always been a challenge.

Terry Breedlove
7-Apr-2018, 23:53
Was easy when I was a young man.It is a work out now. I have had my 4x5 down there but it is the Hasselblad that is heavy.