PDA

View Full Version : YAPN - Yet Another Photographer's Notebook

Daniel Casper Lohenstein
15-Dec-2017, 01:18
Hello,

I am a follower of this forum since 2010, but I never felt able to contribute.

After 30 years of photographing in 6x6, 6x7 and 4x5 I had a closer look at my documentation behavior.

I always want to keep photography easy, so I don't like to calculate and measure too much.

I developed a ticketing system to take notes about 4x5 exposures. I sticked the tickets on the film holders. After development I stapled them in the negative folder.

Then I tought: what about a little notebook that contains all these informations and a few others, too?

But these notebooks were expensive (10 USD / 20 forms) and didn't contain the informations I needed in the field, eg. simple diagrams of movements, simple bellows extension/filter factor tables, simple reciprocy charts, zone system tables.

I found a self publishing solution, and I produced this little notebook, see https://yapn77.wixsite.com/yapn

It has 140 printed forms, so you can fill in the data of 140 sheet films 4x5/8x10 or 12 x 140 = 1680 medium format exposures.

I hope I kept it as simple as possible.

You can download it for free (PDF), you also can buy (Amazon) and enjoy it in the field (12x19x2,2cm)

Regards

Pere Casals
15-Dec-2017, 03:34
Many thanks for sharing, I've viewed it and I liked it a lot, I'm to use it.

EdSawyer
15-Dec-2017, 06:45
nice, looks like a good effort, thanks for sharing!

Tin Can
15-Dec-2017, 07:01
Out of stock! Perhaps not sold in NA.

Great acronym!

I prefer a purchased book with sturdy covers.

Peter Collins
15-Dec-2017, 08:39
Does not appear on Amazon. As far as I could tell. (The second sentence is a huge caveat!)

Daniel Casper Lohenstein
15-Dec-2017, 09:04
Does not appear on Amazon. As far as I could tell. (The second sentence is a huge caveat!)

I switched the button to vend it in North America. in a few days it should be available. Please be patient. here's an alternative link, but I do not know wether they deliver to North America: https://www.bod.de/buchshop/yapn-yet-another-photographers-notebook-9783746058719

There is a PDF to download, for free. Just try it, perhaps your convinced, perhaps not, and in this case you will not spend money on things you don't need.

Hey, thanks a lot for your input!

Yours

Peter Collins
15-Dec-2017, 11:38
Daniel, Froeliche Weihnachten! Und danke for making this book. I am going to wait until it is available in North America because I think the format (9 x 15 cm) will be much easier to use than the pdf download, at least for me. Again, welcome to this community!

Daniel Casper Lohenstein
17-Dec-2017, 11:40
Daniel, Froeliche Weihnachten! Und danke for making this book. I am going to wait until it is available in North America because I think the format (9 x 15 cm) will be much easier to use than the pdf download, at least for me. Again, welcome to this community!

Froehliche Weihnachten Euch allen, und ein gutes neues Jahr!

Thalmees
8-Mar-2018, 04:46
Marvelous, appreciate sharing.

Delfi_r
9-Mar-2018, 05:16
Thanks for sharing, saved the link to make the purchase