PDA

View Full Version : Rezivot Instax Back !!FINALLY LIVE!!

Monza1966
2-Nov-2017, 08:19
Rezivot is a back that fits a good amount of cameras to produce instax images.

Can fit Graflok systems as well as some others.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/495636760/rezivot-instant-film-processor/description

Corran
2-Nov-2017, 16:19
Wow, $230k goal. They need something like 1,000 backers to hit that at their $219 plan. I wonder if they can do it - I'm not sure how big the market is. Instax is selling like hotcakes, but the market for using it on older cameras, not sure.

The price isn't terrible, considering the going rate of 405 backs at their peak. This past summer I sold off all of my 405 stuff along with my back-stock of almost 80 boxes of Fuji 100C and 3000B. I am disappointed Fuji killed the product line(s), especially the 3000B which I enjoyed using for family snapshots that could go right into a scrapbook straight from the camera. I've been looking at Instax but just using Fuji's cameras. Not ready to spend money on something to fit it onto my LF cameras, yet.

Good luck to them.

Oren Grad
2-Nov-2017, 16:48
This is the second time around for Rezivot with an Instax back - their campaign fell short last time.

I'd very much like to see it succeed. Actually, I'd even more like to see Fuji make an Instax Wide Graflok-fit back. But if Rezivot once again struggles to sell even 1,000 of them, one could understand the bean-counters at Fuji concluding "sorry, not a large enough market". We'll see, here's hoping, etc.

Pali K
2-Nov-2017, 17:07
Wow, $230k goal. They need something like 1,000 backers to hit that at their $219 plan. I wonder if they can do it - I'm not sure how big the market is. Instax is selling like hotcakes, but the market for using it on older cameras, not sure.

The price isn't terrible, considering the going rate of 405 backs at their peak. This past summer I sold off all of my 405 stuff along with my back-stock of almost 80 boxes of Fuji 100C and 3000B. I am disappointed Fuji killed the product line(s), especially the 3000B which I enjoyed using for family snapshots that could go right into a scrapbook straight from the camera. I've been looking at Instax but just using Fuji's cameras. Not ready to spend money on something to fit it onto my LF cameras, yet.

Good luck to them.

Bryan,

Give the new Polaroid OneStep 2 a try. The price is very reasonable and I have been using it for candid family photos and really like the new camera and film.

Pali

Corran
2-Nov-2017, 20:26
Thanks Pali, I'll have to check it out!

BTW, the folks at Mercury Works are making backs for Instax film on their cameras and others with Graflok backs already. These are specialty items and they may not be available right this moment due to fulfillment of KS orders but I saw them sell a few earlier this year. It seems like a popular request, but again I wonder what the total market for such a device is. I guess these folks will find out!

Oren Grad
2-Nov-2017, 20:32
The Mercury back for 4x5 Graflok was based on the Lomo Belair Instax back. As with all Belair-to-4x5-Graflok conversions I've ever seen, there was a substantial mismatch between the film and GG planes, requiring one kludge or another for focusing. And in any case, the Belair back seems to be gone for good, so no more of those.

Corran
2-Nov-2017, 20:37
Fair enough, I'm really not well versed in all of that. It does seem like a niche that needs filling. I hope it succeeds. I might be interested, in the future.

plywood
3-Nov-2017, 06:42
I backed the Jollylook KS campaign for a camera using the Instax Mini (Too small I know but...). Anyway, the developing unit for that paper camera is modular and I intend to pull it out and adapt it to my Mercury. They are making enough extra cameras that they are offering extra units at backer prices. I'm tempted to get an extra unit but haven't quite decided yet.

locutus
3-Nov-2017, 07:31
I'm not 100% sure i read this correctly but the writing seems to imply that for the Instax Wide back to fit on a Graflock mount you need to remove the original locking mechanism from a 405 back.

If so, this back suddenly becomes a way more expensive solution to shoot instant film... first 219$ for their back and then also for a 405 back to cannibalize its mounting hardware

Copypaste of the relevant text:

For our wide version

1. Remove the connecting plate from your old packfilm holder.
2. Install connecting plate to our Instant film processor.

Oren Grad
3-Nov-2017, 07:45
I read it as implying that users will need to cannibalize a Graflok mounting plate from another holder. Not sure that only a 405 will do, though.

But at least for now, there's no other game in town if you want to use Instax Wide on a view camera.

Tin Can
3-Nov-2017, 07:52
I read the necessary cannibalization makes film plane calibration our problem.

No thanks.

Oren Grad
3-Nov-2017, 08:11
I read the necessary cannibalization makes film plane calibration our problem.

Not necessarily - if it was designed with the existing mounting plate in mind, it may be calibrated properly. But that's a good question. I've already asked about the mounting plate in the "Comments" section on the Kickstarter page, will follow up if the story isn't clear.

Tin Can
3-Nov-2017, 08:16
Not necessarily - if it was designed with the existing mounting plate in mind, it may be calibrated properly. But that's a good question. I've already asked about the mounting plate in the "Comments" section on the Kickstarter page, will follow up if the story isn't clear.

Good, I would like to buy this, but not only for HB.

There seems to be some translation issues,

Oren Grad
3-Nov-2017, 08:40
Yes, there's clearly some language difficulty, which is making it harder to understand the exact specifications.

Corran
3-Nov-2017, 09:08
It seems like a mounting plate could be easily designed and 3D printed. This should have been done before the KS and perhaps have an added tier for 4x5 back w/ mounting plate at, say, $249 to cover the extra expense.

Oren Grad
3-Nov-2017, 09:19
It's actually the mounting plate with dark slide, so slightly more tricky to fabricate than just a plain plate. But I agree, it would be better to offer the complete package.

adelorenzo
4-Nov-2017, 09:02
Dang. Really disappointed this isn't plug and play on a 4x5 camera.

Andrew O'Neill
6-Nov-2017, 12:06
hmmmm... perhaps something for my RB67....

Oren Grad
7-Nov-2017, 09:06
Dang. Really disappointed this isn't plug and play on a 4x5 camera.

It now looks like that's not true. I was getting very confused by what seemed to me conflicting information on this point in the various parts of the campaign description, comments and FAQ entries, so I just asked again, and Kendar Chen replied immediately:

Me:

I'm afraid that I'm confused again. The latest FAQ entry says this:

>> for 4x5 package, you will receive a ready to use processor, already mount on our 4x5 adaptor, darkslide for you to change it anytime. <<

Does this mean that we can obtain a processor complete with 4x5 Graflok mounting plate and darkslde? Or is it still necessary to attach the processor to a Graflok mounting plate obtained from elsewhere?

Kendar:

Hi Oren, yes if you pledge on our wide version+ 4x5 adaptor. you don't need to do anything, or prepare anything, the set will be ready to use. all you need to do just insert the instax film and battery.

Tin Can
7-Nov-2017, 09:07
Good news!

But how can it fit MF and 4X5?

From the KS offer...

"We have already confirmed it can mount on the following cameras :

Mamiya universal, Mamiya RB67
Polaroid 600se
Various traditional 4X5 view camera"

Tin Can
7-Nov-2017, 09:17
IMHO this KS needs a translator and a restart.

No way, will it make its goal as is.

and that's too bad

Corran
7-Nov-2017, 09:22
Two different products?

Wide Version: Instax Wide film shot on 4x5 cameras?
Square Version: Instax Square film shot on 6x6 cameras?

Interchangeable parts/mounting plates for each? I think the Wide camera also is what they are marketing towards the Mamiya Press - which has a Graflok back, but 2x3 size, right? So that makes 3 versions of the mounting plate? Does Square and Wide film have the same footprint for loading into the processor?

Randy, I think you are right unfortunately.

Oren Grad
7-Nov-2017, 09:51
Yes, there are two versions of the processor - Square, which takes Instax Square film and so far is for Hasselblad only, and Wide, which takes Instax Wide film and is adapted to a range of cameras via different mounting plates.

I think. < :) / :confused: / :( >

adelorenzo
7-Nov-2017, 11:22
Oren, thanks for clearing up the information about 4x5 Graflok backs. I'll definitely be backing this project now.

kendar
7-Nov-2017, 13:39
thanks oren, i just found out you are helping us to answer all the questions, if anyone got confused by my replay or something unclear, please don't hesitate to ask me here or on KS.

kendar
7-Nov-2017, 13:46
Hi Corran, yes, 2 version of processor. the graflok i mean is for those 4x5 graflok back, not 2x3 graflok back.