PDA

View Full Version : Cable release question - Fujinon W 150/6.3

PaulE
16-Oct-2017, 04:53
I am a new-comer to LF photography and am still assembling the gear. I didn't want to spend to too much on a lens to go on the front of my Intrepid 5x4 at the outset, so I picked up an old Fujinon W 150/6.3 with a Seiko shutter. The lens and shutter seems to be in very fine condition and all working as I think they should. I am though a bit stumped by the cable release, in as much as there doesn't seem to be any attachment for one. Does anyone know if this is right? Obviously I would like to use one if possible.
Thanks
Paul

xkaes
16-Oct-2017, 05:28
There is normally a threaded "arm" next to the shutter release for the cable release.

If it is not there on your lens, it fell off before your purchase. I'd ask for a refund.

It's a nice small lens, but not a stellar performer.

PaulE
16-Oct-2017, 05:55
Thanks for the reply, yes it must have fallen off in an earlier life. Other than that it's perfect though. It was bought cheaply and sold as seen so I will keep it. It will be ok to get me started before I invest in some serious glass.
Paul

Jac@stafford.net
16-Oct-2017, 07:26
Odd, but I also have that lens with the missing cable block.
Have not found a replacement yet.

Keith Pitman
16-Oct-2017, 08:47
Is it a Press shutter? Some press shutters I’ve seen don’t have a cable release fitting. Presumably meant to be used hand-held.

Keith Pitman
16-Oct-2017, 08:50
Odd, but I also have that lens with the missing cable block.
Have not found a replacement yet.

You can find the cable release fittings on Ebay at times, but very expensive for a tiny part—around $50. Seems the Chinese aftermarket sellers should start selling these at half the price and would do well.

ic-racer
16-Oct-2017, 16:20
You can find the cable release fittings on Ebay at times, but very expensive for a tiny part—around $50. Seems the Chinese aftermarket sellers should start selling these at half the price and would do well.
Whole Seiko shutter with socket and spare W 150/6.3 lens on ebay now for only $43.99

Mick Fagan
16-Oct-2017, 22:45
This is what you are looking for. Taken from one of two Fujinon-W f/6.3 150 lenses that I have.

It is a pretty simple affair that just screws in, check to see if you have the appropriate hole in the appropriate place.

Mick.