PDA

View Full Version : camera/equipment cases

Richard Schlesinger
8-Jul-2005, 11:15
Would it be possible to start a movement to get manufacturers to stop with the black interior of camera cases? My Arca Discovery case - a good enough case except anything inside is invisible. Particularly during the day when my eyes are adapted to sunlight. Tamrac too (a good enough case) has a dark interior. I carry a flashlight to look for stuff inside these things. Except a small flashlight isn't bright enough. I need one of those million candlepower things I see at Home Depot And the dark/black exterior would be wonderful for the arctic or if you want to bake a meat loaf or something inside. Ansel used to paint all his stuff white, but it doesn't work well with fabric cases, and interiors are impossible. Oh well, just another rant. But perhaps others have the same problems and enough of us might just possibly be heard

Stan. Laurenson-Batten
8-Jul-2005, 13:46
I have fitted my Peli 1660 case for 10X8 with a sola light. The case lights up as soon as it is opened. The system stores enough light during the light hours to meet all the needs of the night flasher! It can also be used in connection with an alarm system for the case which is black
foam lined.

Emrehan Zeybekoglu
8-Jul-2005, 13:47
Good point. Could we also get manufacturers to make bags and cases that are NOT black on the outside? I find this quite irrational, not only because I hate black, but more importantly and for the obvious reason that black cases get so hot that you can almost use them to cook an egg while you're out in the field.

Richard Schlesinger
8-Jul-2005, 14:03
What is sola light? For real or a joke? Does it work?

Paul Butzi
8-Jul-2005, 14:09
I don't know if it helps, but the Tenba PBL I currently use has a interior which is sort of a medium gray - not as good as white, but way better than black.

And the Lowepro case I used before also has a grey interior.

Ed Richards
8-Jul-2005, 16:58
Pelican makes them in orange and silver and yellow.