PDA

View Full Version : Question for Intrepid camera owners

Alan9940
6-Aug-2017, 12:39
As I anxiously await the arrival of my new Intrepid 8x10, I'm trying to decide on bellows color. Does anyone have the blue bellows? Is it a bright blue or more muted? The red bellows just shouts too loud for me; the green bellows seems dull to me; the black bellows is...well...too ordinary and like all my other LF cameras. Therefore, I'm kind of leaning toward the blue, but I don't want a blue that SHOUTS blue. What say you?

Thank you.

AuditorOne
6-Aug-2017, 17:26
I would never call the green bellows on my 4x5 dull. It is quite bright and very nice looking. I think all the bellows colors (other then the black of course) will be bright and lively. If you prefer blue then I would advise you to go with your personal preference.

Alan Gales
6-Aug-2017, 23:39
I like the Sammy Hagar red myself. The blue looks bright but less bright than the red in pictures at least. Look these over.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Intrepid+8x10+colors&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjj-vG4wMTVAhUm4IMKHWHAD5kQsAQISg&biw=1120&bih=659#imgdii=T8eiyQAB07E_vM:&imgrc=a-fIaOItB4dHJM:

Robert Brazile
7-Aug-2017, 09:40
I have the red and like it. I think I'd be happy with the blue as well, but I can't say as to whether it's shouty or not. That is, probably not to my eye, but can't say for you.

Alan9940
7-Aug-2017, 13:23
I like the Sammy Hagar red myself. The blue looks bright but less bright than the red in pictures at least. Look these over.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Intrepid+8x10+colors&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjj-vG4wMTVAhUm4IMKHWHAD5kQsAQISg&biw=1120&bih=659#imgdii=T8eiyQAB07E_vM:&imgrc=a-fIaOItB4dHJM:

Yeah, that's the main reason I asked the question I did; a bit difficult to tell actual color based on the pictures I've seen around the 'net.

steve_p
8-Aug-2017, 03:32
I have the blue, and don't find it at all shouty.

Ben Horne
17-Aug-2017, 05:54
I've seen both the black and the blue bellows in person. I must say that the blue is my preference. It's not flashy at all, and it goes well with the warm tones of the wood. After looking at both the black and blue bellows, I have to say that the blue feels more natural for whatever reason.

Alan9940
17-Aug-2017, 06:54
Thank you all for your responses...I'm going with Blue. Can't wait to get out with my new camera and see how well it functions under field conditions. Shedding several pounds from my pack will be very nice, too! :)