PDA

View Full Version : Ansco 5x7 need parts

biggis
4-Aug-2017, 09:06
Hi All. I'm trying to rebuild a Ansco 5x7 but I'm missing two part and I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding them. The first part is the part on the right side on the top which holds the camera back and the second part is the lock arm which holds the second rails up when you ain't using the camera. I'm adding photos so it easer to under stand what I'm taking about

One thing at last has anyone found good knob to replace the original ones. I'm missing fees and I would like to get them all done in steel instead of the plastic as they are now

Thanks Biggi
[

Ron Stowell
4-Aug-2017, 12:26
Hi All. I'm trying to rebuild a Ansco 5x7 but I'm missing two part and I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding them. The first part is the part on the right side on the top which holds the camera back and the second part is the lock arm which holds the second rails up when you ain't using the camera. I'm adding photos so it easer to under stand what I'm taking about

One thing at last has anyone found good knob to replace the original ones. I'm missing fees and I would like to get them all done in steel instead of the plastic as they are now

Thanks Biggi
[

I would suggest you buy a junker and salvage parts from donner camera. Last year at this time I had to give away my donner Ansco 5x7; nobody wanted to buy it! Sorry!

consummate_fritterer
4-Aug-2017, 13:49
If I'm fully understanding what parts you need, it seems like you could easily make them out of sheet brass.

Steven Tribe
4-Aug-2017, 14:06
You will get a lot of satisfaction from making this from a piece of brass.

biggis
4-Aug-2017, 15:19
That was my second option But I was hoping to get the original parts for this, but I'm going to make all the knobs in a lathe so I can make those parts at the same time.