PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Kardan Color 45s rail same as the 1960 Linhof Kardan Triplex 8x10 rail?

zsolt
30-Jul-2017, 05:54
Greetings!

are the 2 rails mentioned above the same-interchangeable?
the difference i can see from pictures is that the slot on the rail is facing up on the 1960 8x10 Triplex,and down on the Color 45s.the rest is impossible to figure out from pics,or from info on the net(at least i couldnt find it).asking cause i bought a 1960 Linhof Kardan Triplex 8x10,and if possible i would like to use with it the rail of the Kardan Color 45 i have.its not here(otherwise wouldnt ask),will take a week to arrive,but in the meantime would like to start and prepare some things in advance.
could someone help me out with some info on this?
Thanks in advance!
Zs.

Bob Salomon
30-Jul-2017, 05:58
Totally different and the 45s rail is different then any other Linhof rail and is a fixed length.

zsolt
30-Jul-2017, 06:33
Thanks for the quick answer Bob!and would you(ar anyone else) know a place to find rails for the 1960 Kardan Triplex?would it be possible to find a source with parts somewhere,or should i become friends with a machinist?
or make a post here in the WTB section:)

Bob Salomon
30-Jul-2017, 06:40
Thanks for the quick answer Bob!and would you(ar anyone else) know a place to find rails for the 1960 Kardan Triplex?would it be possible to find a source with parts somewhere,or should i become friends with a machinist?
or make a post here in the WTB section:)
I know of no source and the factory haven't had parts for it for decades.

zsolt
30-Jul-2017, 07:02
I know of no source and the factory haven't had parts for it for decades.

Thanks for the answer Bob!