PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

CassJohnson
15-Jul-2017, 14:19
Hello everyone,

My journey actually started in film by accident when someone shoved a Canon AE1 in my hands on a mission trip to the Philippines. I have owned and photographed with everything from 35mm to 11 x 14 ( I almost cried when they stopped making Cibachrome.) I had to sell all that equipment about 12 years ago... went digital... now I'm on the journey back, and I'm looking to start out big with a good 8x10 field camera.

Can't wait to connect with some great people here.

Thanks in advance for all your insights,
Cass J.

Leigh
15-Jul-2017, 15:04
Hi Cass, and Welcome Aboard.

Hope you find a camera you like.
I'm particularly fond of the 8x10 Tachihara.
Unfortunately, Mr. Tachihara retired with nobody to take over his business.

- Leigh

ImSoNegative
15-Jul-2017, 16:46
Welcome back to LF Cass

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Andrew O'Neill
17-Jul-2017, 18:24
Welcome to the forum, Cass.

Randy
25-Jul-2017, 10:28
Welcome from Collinsville VA :)

I think a lot of us, when we went digital we either got rid of most of our film gear or just stored it.
Fortunately, I just stored mine (slowed way down on using it).
But now, I seldom pick up a digital camera and just shoot film...35mm, 120, 4X5, 8X10, and am making a back so I can shoot 8.5X15 on my 8X10 camera.
Keep us posted on your progress regressing...

diversey
25-Jul-2017, 11:43
Welcome to the forum! Please stop by when you come to visit Chicago:o.

RMiksell
3-Aug-2017, 12:05
Welcome Cass, I'm not far away from you in Fairview Heights. I'll be at the Collinsville Area Camera club meeting next week. I gave an intro to large format there last month. They meet the second Tuesday of every month at the CARD. Let me know if you need more info.

CassJohnson
4-Aug-2017, 07:00
RMiksell, I am definitely interested in going to the meeting if I can. I always enjoy meeting photogs, especially those of us who still use film. I didn't even realize there was a camera club in Collinsville.

AtlantaTerry
4-Aug-2017, 20:55
Hello everyone,

My journey actually started in film by accident when someone shoved a Canon AE1 in my hands on a mission trip to the Philippines. I have owned and photographed with everything from 35mm to 11 x 14 ( I almost cried when they stopped making Cibachrome.) I had to sell all that equipment about 12 years ago... went digital... now I'm on the journey back, and I'm looking to start out big with a good 8x10 field camera.

Can't wait to connect with some great people here.

Thanks in advance for all your insights,
Cass J.

Welcome back to real photography. Yes, it is a shame Cibachrome was put to rest. Let's hope it or something similar comes back to market.

RMiksell
8-Aug-2017, 07:22
Cass, the monthly meeting is tonight at the CARD Activity Center at 7pm.