PDA

View Full Version : Hey All

EthanT
13-Jul-2017, 20:08
Hello everyone, my name is Ethan Taylor and I am 18 years old living in the south-east U.S.

I am coming from a background in digital photography, but thanks to my friend and mentor, who has taught me everything about photography, I have been able to begin my large format journey. I learnt the basics on a Anba Ikeda 4x5 and I have just recently purchased my own 4x5 outfit. I will be shooting on a Tachihara field camera and hopefully successfully developing my own black and white film.

I know some people on this forum have been shooting large format longer than I have been alive, so I am very open to keep learning with every step. I am very excited that I get to be a part of this community.

Two23
13-Jul-2017, 22:22
Some of us might have been shooting longer than you've been alive, but we still learn something new almost every time we go out!

Kent in SD

ImSoNegative
14-Jul-2017, 04:03
I think I might know this kid! :cool:

Peter Collins
14-Jul-2017, 04:16
Great to have you with us!

xkaes
14-Jul-2017, 05:09
I think I might know this kid! :cool:

Well, Doggies! So the number of large format users in Georgia just DOUBLED!! Good news, for sure. :o

ImSoNegative
14-Jul-2017, 12:56
Actually there are 3 of us...wait maybe 4 :p

Andrew O'Neill
14-Jul-2017, 13:34
Welcome to large format photography, and to the large format forum!

morecfm
14-Jul-2017, 13:57
Being from Georgia, your thread title should have been "Hey y'all" or "Hey all y'all" considering Georgia is part of The South. :)

Georgia during the work week, Alabama most weekends.

I'm a 4x5 newbie also and I've learned a lot by reading the threads.

xkaes
14-Jul-2017, 14:39
Actually there are 3 of us...wait maybe 4 :p

Somehow, for some reason, I bet there are more -- if they would just come out of the closet!

Winger
15-Jul-2017, 13:29
Welcome!

ImSoNegative
15-Jul-2017, 16:27
Being from Georgia, your thread title should have been "Hey y'all" or "Hey all y'all" considering Georgia is part of The South. :)

Georgia during the work week, Alabama most weekends.

I'm a 4x5 newbie also and I've learned a lot by reading the threads.You wouldn't happen to be in the HVAC trade would ya ?

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

morecfm
15-Jul-2017, 17:50
You wouldn't happen to be in the HVAC trade would ya ?

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk
I work for a manufacturer of HVAC equipment in Cordele. Educated guess?

ImSoNegative
15-Jul-2017, 18:16
I work for a manufacturer of HVAC equipment in Cordele. Educated guess?

I work in the HVAC business in installation and service, I noticed your name "morecfm" and I told my buddy, I said I bet that fellow works in the hvac trade, he said, how do you know? I said his nick "morecfm", he was like soooo, cfm stands for cubic feet per minute its an hvac term, he was like ohhhh ok haha