PDA

View Full Version : Hi from UK photographer based in Innsbruck!

Andy_J
22-Jun-2017, 09:20
Hey everyone, just wanted to say hello! Have just moved into LF after years using MF, thought I'd check it out. New learning curve is fun, it's another world ;-) Just bought myself a Graphic View II with a Wollensak 159mm f9.5 Wide Angle (from what I can figure this is designed for an 8x10?) Shot a couple of rolls with a Calumet 6x7cm back and have finally got myself some Ilford HP5 sheet film. Camera was fairly cheap with roll film back - 300 euros all in plus a proper old school case! Now my problem is my Durst M800 won't accept sheet film and I'm stitching scans together as that also doesn't take larger than 6x6 - I knew this may get expensive ;)

Looking forward to going through the forum! hit me up if you're in the Alps!

Andy

diversey
22-Jun-2017, 13:16
Andy: Welcome! I will join a tour and visit Innsbruck, Austria for a day soon. Which places should I go and take large format pictures? David

Leszek Vogt
23-Jun-2017, 00:46
Welcome to the forum. Hmmm, I think it would be nice to be stuck in Innsbruck.

Les

Andy_J
23-Jun-2017, 04:46
If you're only here for a day and the weather is relatively nice take a trip up to Nordkette then take the cable car to the very top - Hafelekar - and shoot the view away from the city over the unspoilt mountains, it's incerdible! Be prepared with proper hiking shoes! Here's a link: https://www.nordkette.com/en/innsbruckblick-karwendelblick.html

Have fun! Andy

Andy_J
23-Jun-2017, 04:46
Welcome to the forum. Hmmm, I think it would be nice to be stuck in Innsbruck.

Les

Could be worse mate!

mpirie
23-Jun-2017, 04:47
Welcome to the forum Andy.

Look out for a Durst L1000/1200 or DeVere 504 if you want to start printing your 5x4 negs.

I think there'd be plenty of them in mainland Europe!

Mike

Andy_J
23-Jun-2017, 05:06
Cheers Mike, being very close to where Durst produced their enlargers helps but still they are few and far between or absolute silly money! Luckily I have a friend up the road who has a large format enlarger so I will ask to borrow his darkroom at some point until i get one of my own!

Welcome to the forum Andy.

Look out for a Durst L1000/1200 or DeVere 504 if you want to start printing your 5x4 negs.

I think there'd be plenty of them in mainland Europe!

Mike

diversey
23-Jun-2017, 06:28
Andy, thanks! David

If you're only here for a day and the weather is relatively nice take a trip up to Nordkette then take the cable car to the very top - Hafelekar - and shoot the view away from the city over the unspoilt mountains, it's incerdible! Be prepared with proper hiking shoes! Here's a link: https://www.nordkette.com/en/innsbruckblick-karwendelblick.html

Have fun! Andy