PDA

View Full Version : Are the 8x10 carrier frames identical on the Sinar P1 and P2?

vssoutlet
26-May-2017, 00:16
Hey Sinar users!

I'm trying to find out if the 8x10 carrier frames are identical on the Sinar P and the P2 or do they have subtle differences? If they DO have some differences, are they still interchangeable between both camera systems?

Anyone have a definitive answer?

John

Peter De Smidt
26-May-2017, 08:12
I may not be thinking clearly, as I haven't had coffee yet, but here goes. The Sinar P has a non-metering back and different sized bellows than those for the metering back.. The P2 has the metering back. I have a P2. I use an 8x10 non-metering-back (i.e. for a P) and the P 8x10 bellows with it with no problems. The back is more compact than the metering one, which I have no need for.

Amedeus
28-May-2017, 11:31
Hey Sinar users!

I'm trying to find out if the 8x10 carrier frames are identical on the Sinar P and the P2 or do they have subtle differences? If they DO have some differences, are they still interchangeable between both camera systems?

Anyone have a definitive answer?

John

They are different as Peter stated and not interchangeable unless you change the bellows also, at least in my case. I have the P and the P2.

The P back is indeed more compact and a bit lighter.

Rudi A.