PDA

View Full Version : Ansel Adams Exhibit in Maine

Ed Richards
23-Jun-2005, 11:06
Any other good Maine tips for photographers? I am thinking about staying a couple of days in Winter Harbor to see the sights and do some photography. Is that a good choice?

Pat Kearns
23-Jun-2005, 13:00
That exhibition was in Pensacola Florida over a year ago and is worth seeing. Don't miss it.

Ed Richards
23-Jun-2005, 13:55
Thanks for the very thoughtful answers. While I have not been to Maine, I live in Louisiana and do know New Orleans, which fully qualifies as: " a harsh and poverty-bound border-area that masquerades as Vacationland." (I also know West Virginia.)

I also appreciate the different scale of the landscape and the human interest. You are right, however, that in a short vacation trip you do not learn much about an area. I am going to be driving across the state as well heading to Quebec, so I hope to see more of the non-tourist Maine. Mostly I find that I do not take many pictures on these trips because I need to know the country better to take photos that look different from the post cards.

Ed Richards
23-Jun-2005, 14:28
Will I have trouble in Quebec if I do not speak French? (I once took Latin, but otherwise I only speek geek.)

Bill_1856
23-Jun-2005, 14:34
Interesting comments, Michael. Paul Strand's New England work is a pretty good example of meaniful Maine photography. His portrait of Susan Thompson is one of the great classics (I think she was a Lobsterman's wife).