PDA

View Full Version : Bellows Frames - DIY or Source

dodphotography
23-Apr-2017, 11:12
A friend and I are thinking of hacking together a camera. We realized in sourcing a new set of bellows we will lack a set of bellows frames, as we are going to be converting one system into two.

We have an old Arca 171mm frame, bellows on order and no metal format frame thingy...

Any suggestions?

David Karp
23-Apr-2017, 13:00
Are you hacking together an ARCA 171-based camera? (The newer style, not the original style.) If yes, then you can purchase a 171 ARCA lensboard from ECbuyonline__ (I cannot remember all of his eBay name) and have a machinist cut out the board. On the "modern" 171 ARCAs, the lensboard and the bellows frames mate identically.

dodphotography
23-Apr-2017, 13:21
Are you hacking together an ARCA 171-based camera? (The newer style, not the original style.) If yes, then you can purchase a 171 ARCA lensboard from ECbuyonline__ (I cannot remember all of his eBay name) and have a machinist cut out the board. On the "modern" 171 ARCAs, the lensboard and the bellows frames mate identically.

Yeah, it's a 171 F Line Compact 45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pfsor
25-Apr-2017, 06:36
If my memory serves me well, I remember that the guy for Arca Swiss (Rod Klukas ?) from this forum sells bellows frames for Arca, according to an old thread on this forum.