PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Munich!

visand
4-Apr-2017, 00:46
Hi Everybody!
I'm Andrea, an italian 35yo guy living in Munich, Germany. I've been very interested in photography since I was a teenager, starting with my father's old Canon AE-1. I later moved to digital, that is what I use most often now, but I still shoot film on the side (mostly B/W, 35mm and 6x6). It was quite some time that I wanted to try LF, mostly because of the freedom of movements offered by the camera and finally, very few months ago I found a great occasion to buy a Sinar F1 that included also a Sinaron 210mm f5.6 and a 6x9 roll film back.
I still have almost everything to learn in this field and I hope to find here many informations.
I was wondering if there are other LF photographers in the Munich area, to exchange informations, suggestions and maybe doing some work together.
Have a nice day!

diversey
4-Apr-2017, 06:08
Welcome! I will visit Munich this summer and hope you could share some LF photographic sites and photos with us.

visand
4-Apr-2017, 07:00
Hi. I had a look at your blogs and I really like your work!
Up to now I just did some shootings in the city, but there are a lot of opportunities for beautiful landscapes in the Alps not far from here.
Here are a few places I would go in town:
- Nymphenburg castle
- Olympiapark
- Hofgarten
and out of town:
- Oberschleissheim castle (just out of town)
- Fussen and Neuschwanstein castle (1h45 driving)
- Königsee (1h45 driving)
- Eibsee (1h driving)
- Hirschenberg (45min driving)
Let me know when you are around and maybe we can go out to take some photos together!

John Kasaian
4-Apr-2017, 08:08
Welcome aboard Andrea!

Louis Pacilla
4-Apr-2017, 09:42
Welcome aboard Andrea! It's been refreshing to have so many newish to film & LF photography members here lately.

Andrew O'Neill
4-Apr-2017, 12:02
Welcome to the forum, Andrea.

diversey
4-Apr-2017, 12:11
Andrea: Thanks for your information! I will check on those places. We will stay in Munich for 2 days as a tour group. Let's see whether I will have free time. David

Hi. I had a look at your blogs and I really like your work!
Up to now I just did some shootings in the city, but there are a lot of opportunities for beautiful landscapes in the Alps not far from here.
Here are a few places I would go in town:
- Nymphenburg castle
- Olympiapark
- Hofgarten
and out of town:
- Oberschleissheim castle (just out of town)
- Fussen and Neuschwanstein castle (1h45 driving)
- Königsee (1h45 driving)
- Eibsee (1h driving)
- Hirschenberg (45min driving)
Let me know when you are around and maybe we can go out to take some photos together!

Leszek Vogt
4-Apr-2017, 12:27
Welcome. Could use returning to your town, since it's been 35 yrs....lots of art spaces (sweet)....and still recall those wonderful swans in the canal.

Les

Armin Seeholzer
5-Apr-2017, 12:27
Welcome Andrea

I'm from Switzerland near Lucerne I have also a Sinar F1 and some more and I will also somewhere go to Munich I really like this city, the only thing I do not like on almost every city is to much car traffic!