PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Kardan Super Color ST - Replacing Bellows?

Cybertrash
2-Apr-2017, 10:52
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Linhof Kardan Super Color ST monorail that needs it's bellows replaced. However I'm not quite clear on how to remove them, there are no obvious screws or any other mounting mechanism as far as I can see. Does anyone know how to go about removing the bellows on this camera?

Bob Salomon
2-Apr-2017, 11:21
Linhof cameras either have an interchangeable bellows or do not have one. On Kardan cameras with an interchangeable bellows there is a wide clip on the top of the standards, each has two clamping elements. On the front standard the front of the clip locks the lens in place the back of it lifts up to replace the bellows. On the rear standard the front of the clip releases the bellows and the back of it lets you release the gg and its frame.
This was on all of the Kardan cameras starting with the original round rail Super Color and all Super Color successors and contemporary Kardan cameras like the B, GT, TL, etc. except for two models. The Kardan Standard and its replacement, the Kardan ST that you have. On those cameras you have to send if to a Linhof service center as it uses a special bellows that allowed full movements with all lenses from 65mm to 360mm.

Cybertrash
3-Apr-2017, 04:41
Linhof cameras either have an interchangeable bellows or do not have one. On Kardan cameras with an interchangeable bellows there is a wide clip on the top of the standards, each has two clamping elements. On the front standard the front of the clip locks the lens in place the back of it lifts up to replace the bellows. On the rear standard the front of the clip releases the bellows and the back of it lets you release the gg and its frame.
This was on all of the Kardan cameras starting with the original round rail Super Color and all Super Color successors and contemporary Kardan cameras like the B, GT, TL, etc. except for two models. The Kardan Standard and its replacement, the Kardan ST that you have. On those cameras you have to send if to a Linhof service center as it uses a special bellows that allowed full movements with all lenses from 65mm to 360mm.

I guess Linhof doesn't service these cameras anymore... Is there any way to repair or replace the bellows at home?

Bob Salomon
3-Apr-2017, 05:16
I guess Linhof doesn't service these cameras anymore... Is there any way to repair or replace the bellows at home?

Call, repeat, call But b Watkins at Precision in Niles Il and he should be able to help you.