PDA

View Full Version : Getting Cut Off While Trying To Post

John Layton
26-Mar-2017, 11:40
Having a heck of a time lately...trying to post and reply to PM's - having these actions refused even though still being signed in. Only workaround is to copy my post, leave the site entirely, then sign in, paste, and try posting again. Aggravating!

Oren Grad
26-Mar-2017, 12:04
John, I'm seeing that occasionally too in responding to posts. We'll try to figure out what's going on.

Leszek Vogt
26-Mar-2017, 12:12
Hey Oren, I wrote about the same issue couple of days ago (that hadn't happen before), where I was signed in and tried to write a PM...appx 3-4 times in 30 min. Ralph answered, but he mostly pointed...that the issue was likely on my side. Huh ? Thanks for looking into this.

Les

Oren Grad
26-Mar-2017, 12:36
Can't say yet whether it's a server-side, user profile, or client-side issue, though a server-side issue seems more likely if different users are seeing it. I think the key question is what has changed, because I wasn't seeing it before and evidently you and John weren't either.

PS: Just got dumped out of my login as I was drafting this reply. Had to sign in again - twice - to complete it.

Oren Grad
26-Mar-2017, 12:42
To help in sorting this out: what browser or other software (name and version) are you using to access the Forum, and if a browser, are you browsing in public or private mode?

Graham Patterson
26-Mar-2017, 12:50
Logged out inside of a minute. Firefox current version, Win 10 (I can try macs, linux, if needed?) Comcast broadband. Seems to trigger just switching to a new post.

Oren Grad
26-Mar-2017, 12:58
Something seems messed up on the server side, at least. Whether or not the dot next to my name is green is now no longer correctly synchronized with whether I'm logged in.

But there may be client-side things going on too.

Alan9940
26-Mar-2017, 13:00
I'm using the latest version of Google Chrome, Win 10 and for about a week now I get randomly tossed out simply switching pages inside a post. I've also been logged out when trying to reply to a thread.

Alan9940
26-Mar-2017, 13:03
Interesting...was just kicked out after posting the above reply. And, I noticed another issue I've seen for a couple of weeks now--when just trying to open a thread I get directed to a screen saying "Database Error".

Jerry Bodine
26-Mar-2017, 14:02
Interesting...I noticed another issue I've seen for a couple of weeks now--when just trying to open a thread I get directed to a screen saying "Database Error".

Ditto. I'm using current Firefox Win10.

Leszek Vogt
26-Mar-2017, 14:07
Oren, I just signed in.....wiggled my way to Lounge and had to sign in again ???? Whus up ?

Les

Two23
26-Mar-2017, 14:12
I quit using Firefox a long time ago because of issues. I've even completely deleted it from my computer. I've not had any problems with Google Chrome using Yahoo as my browser.

Kent in SD

Sal Santamaura
26-Mar-2017, 20:43
No such issue here. I use Firefox exclusively under Windows 10 Pro.

plaubel
26-Mar-2017, 22:17

After reading some "new posts" and changing from side 1 to side 2.

plaubel
26-Mar-2017, 22:19

A screenshot after logging in, reading some "new posts" and changing from side 1 to side 2.
Doesn't seem to be a Firefox alert...

Doremus Scudder
27-Mar-2017, 02:16
I had the problem a few days ago. It seems to be working fine for me now.
Edit: (didn't have to log back in). Firefox/Windows 10